Fire extinguisher system

Do you guys use the handheld only or with the plumbing in system like the lifeline 360? It is always something I wanted to do just in case…

By choice, go for plumbed in, Sam. Also, get a “gas” rather than a “foam” type e.g http://www.f-e-v.co.uk/

I thought there was a plumbed in system Sam

The ultimate is gas for the engine/fuel tank. And foam for the driver. Bit heavier butMUCH more efficient.

Dont burn it sam…sel it back to me.'!

Thanks Rob, will look into that

hey Clive, dont worry the car is save with me, it only got a tiny sparco extinguisher under passenger seat, not sure if is sufficient enough tho!

f-e-v. Excellent, great quality and nice chaps to deal with.

I spoke to FEV and it seems that GAS is much more efficient for engine fire and also system is much more lightweight, think i will go for their plumbed system! (FESG1800REKE) :slight_smile:

I have decided to get a plumbed in FEV system for my car but one thing undecided is that whether i should get the remote charge unpressurised system since it is costing a lot more than the equivalent electrical system. What you guys opinions? The car will be MAINLY used for track days.

1.8kg, FX G-TEC1800M (mechanical) £407.27,
FX G-TEC1800E (electrical) £553.05,
FX G-TEC1800R (remote charge unpressurised until activated) £802.29.

I’m sure mine was the 1800E, fitted it easy enough, interior out jobby but never used thank God. Having fitted a Lifeline prior again I have to say it really is a nice bit of kit. Sold it onto Chris, I believe he’s using it in his A340.

:laughing: at least you can take passengers with legs again since you got rid of that big boy :smiley:

I have a FEV too, I think the one Jonny mentions. Installed really neatly down in the pax footwell by JDS.

I think lifeline is good system too but i wanted gas instead of foam so i have to go with the FEV, hopefully I don’t ever have to use it either…thanks guys!

I have a lifeline zero 360 gas system. Lifeline don’t only do foam.

True i just realised :laughing: :laughing: But the FEV system is priced more competitively compare to Lifeline gas system.

Can you guys post some pic of the install inside the cabin? Will give me an idea where i should mount the cylinder and install the switch!Cheers

Have a good weekend everyone!

Sam

Pax seat mount, switch depending on your arms length, and point it at your balls and chest :stuck_out_tongue:

Mines fitted in the front compartment

Wow Marc, i m surprised it fits in the front, what size is that 2kg?

Hey Rob, just wondering what size is your system for the cylinder? 1.8kg also?

if you look you’ll notice there is no blower motor anymore :wink:

Yes Sam, it’s the 1.8 in mine.

Thanks Rob, will get the same one as i was thinking whether to pay a little extra to get the 2.0kg one thats all.