Favourite Upgrades (NA Exige)

My Exige is still pretty much standard, the only thing on top of the touring pack is a stage 2 exhaust.

So - what’s everyone’s favourite upgrades and what’s the sort of cost of having them done?

Things I’d like to get are the entire performance pack, some 340r seats, and harnesses. Oh and elec and fire cut off switches too of course!

The isolator and the extinguisher were good fun, easy place to start when modding imho (I plan to write to whole thing up in projects soon). But fave has got to be the Ohlins I bought off Will, he said they’d make a big difference…they didn’t half then bigger brakes and braided hoses. Reading up on Mark_R’s Shifti lights at the moment so will do them when fittting new boss & wheel but maybe should of done them when I did the isolator and extinguisher as the wires follow the same route Good luck.

Mine had stage 2 which was complimented nicely by the ITG maxogen induction kit.I got mine second hand for about �150 but think its still over �300 new!.

Best mod by far was the hangar 111 gtspec ecu remap though,bringing the cam change down to 5700rpm and adding a little midrange made a hell of a difference.These are about �400 now i think.

Reflash…forgot about that that then the Ohlins & brakes

First, and cheapest mod to any Exige is to take out the (understeering, fairy wheel) camber shims on the front up-rights.

After that, for me, it’s brakes if you are using it on track.

Take care,

Frank

You should also consider the Lotus Motorsport ECU swap.

Delivers the 2nd cam at a lower rev (and much smoother).

oh, and lightweight wheels

Reflash…forgot about that

sorry

First for me was the brakes - lightweight grooved disks from Eliseparts, braided hoses and Yellowstuff pads - top trackday very little at a trackday stops better or brakes later now.

Second was getting the throttle and brake pedals set up for heel & toe.

Third was a decent 4 wheel geometry set up - it’s amazing how much difference that made, if you only do one thing, get the car set up by someone who knows what they’re doing.

Lastly was to put less track focused tyres on for the winter, it’s made the car enjoyable all winter , I live in the Dales and being able to pop out for a drive in the middle of winter means I get to enjoy some of the best driving roads in the world without traffic. A048s (or more likely R888s) back on soon though.

First, and cheapest mod to any Exige is to take out the (understeering, fairy wheel) camber shims on the front up-rights.

Would you care to elaborate on that.
As some of you might know I’ve been whinging about understeer ever since I got my N/A Exige

You should also consider the Lotus Motorsport ECU swap.
Delivers the 2nd cam at a lower rev (and much smoother).

I thought it only move it down to 5750

First thing I’d do is change the OEM pads and new fluid. Then exhaust, ECU flash and maybe induction. After than for track seats/harness/suspension.

After this I think you need to start thinking about forced induction if you want more power. Then it all starts again with bigger brakes, suspension etc etc.

It’s a vicious circle.

HID’s are worth a shout, lights are crap on the back roads!

I thought it only move it down to 5750

Indeed it does, however is does markedly improve the drivability of the car. A very worthy mod IMHO

Most noticable change I made on my S was Nitrons, I’m sure it actually rides better now than it did before, now just got to learn how to adjust them for track