Fastest tyres.

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for the softest stickiest fastest wearing tyre I can find for an S1 Exige on standard rims. Can also be useless in the wet.

Thanks in advance.

Bloody hell he’s still alive! Did I see your car for sale bud?

Just get some Avon ZZR. I find they work really well on the car. There are otherwise 48’s in medium compound or I think you can get 888’s too in a soft compound. There’s also another options that I can’t recall that is supposed to be very soft,…the ones that Jamie used to run on the TA car and DaveP ran them too??

Just buy some ZZR. Oh and why don’t you come to one of the Donny days in Sept or Oct, I’ve not seen you for years!

Kumho V70A’s Ben?

That’s them!! Thanks Rob!

You can get the Kumo in soft for the front but not sure about the rears …
Fronts have to be 205 section as well.
I have put them on the Honda car, used 235 rear to balance out the 205 fronts - but used medium all round.

In OZ we have A050 and they seem very grippy but last about 2 seconds and are half as much again as Kumo

What is your plan ? do they have to be road legal ?

Yeah, what’s the plan, hillclimbs and sprints??

Hi Ben

Yes the car is for sale, looking for 150k.

The plan is because I don’t do many miles I’m not wearing the rubber out quick enough and it gets old. I would like a tyre that I can do a couple of track days on before its shot but in return give loads of grip.

I’ve packed up karting now and plan to get on more track days. Is there a maximum length for exhaust flamage at UK circuits?

888s do a supersoft compound i think marked GGG I think

I would not suggest using Kumhos in the soft compound… I destroyed a set of fronts in a day at Donnington.

Mediums are great though… better than AO48’s / R888’s I think… can’t compare to ZZR’s as I have never run those on my Exige.

Just found some info on the Toyo’s

GG (hardest)
GGG (medium)
SG (soft)

I guess the best way is start with the softest compound and move up if they’re to soft.

How did the soft Kumhos feel though? Did they feel like there was much more grip?

To be honest no… no hard data, but they didn’t feel hugely different at all

ZZRs

I’m completely sold. Treadwear rating of 20 (lowest I’ve seen on a road tyre) and seem to be unflappable on wear.