Fast Car Show at Donington : 30/31st July

Looks like there’ll be a good Exige showing at this event. Martin told me that there was x9 S1 Exiges going to be there on the LDC stand :sunglasses:

Who else is going to be there?

Me with the 360. Service Thursday before so it will have its first tentative track session on Saturday

Really looking forwards to see the candy-red wheeled machine :sunglasses:

I will be there in my Chrome Orange s2 Exige.

:wave: Me, Exige S2 NA

It might only be 8 S1 Exiges, I had a ticket but mine’s out of action at the moment (oil fire at Croft earlier this month and a fair bit of work still to do to get it back on the road) :frowning: Have a good weekend!

Sorry to hear that, good luck getting it sorted :thumbup:

Dad and I will be there :smiley:

Great showing of Lotus at a bit of an odd event (at least on the Sat).

Man-flu stopped play for me and I didn’t venture on circuit, bailed mid-afternoon and didn’t make day2. Credit to Martin for pulling together such a great display.

I did get to drive AndyD’s Orange monster,…from the garages to the paddock. It took me about 5mins to get it started :crazy:

Yeah great effort by the LDC boys. Great stand, awesome mix of fabulous looking cars!!!

Good to see the usual suspects, and swap a load of bits a pieces around between us all!!

Very strange mix. The drifting/gymkana thing in the outer paddock got a lot more serious on Saturday afternoon. Only a plastic barrier between you and the cars as they upped the ante as the day wore on. Started as a brief launch, ended with numerous donuts before each run. Don’t remember being quite so close to sliding/smoking cars, since the first or second year at the Goodwood FOS, when you could sit on the straw bales as the cars went past.

The Aston Vulcan was a work of art. It had more perfectly aligned carbon than everyone on here could ever dream of!

Similar day on the Sunday funny how a quick 20 minutes on track can lift the atmosphere though!

Despite the oddness still had an enjoyable weekend thanks to LDC :clap:

It was an interesting show and great to see how much attention the cars on the stand attracted. I’m certain our two track sessions over the weekend were a bit of a spectacle in comparison to most of the other sessions which only had about 10 cars in each. Here’s a video of our session on the Sunday. Please be kind, it was my first time around Donington and actually my first track day in the Exige :shock:

The Fast Car Festival 2016 - Lotus Drivers Club Track Session Part 1 - YouTube

The Fast Car Festival 2016 - Lotus Drivers Club Track Session Part 2 - YouTube

Nice driving Chris - far superior to my early attempts to drive around Donington :clap:

Hopefully you’ll get more trackdays under your belt sooner rather than later, & you’ll be surprised how much you will learn (either on the day or in future ventures on track) with some pukka instruction. Good luck & enjoy the moment! :mrgreen: