Failed MOT

Hi guys, I have a Honda SC in my car and its just failed its mot on emissions. I am guessing that my car doesnt have a catalytic converter fitted, any suggestions on how to get it through ? What do you fellas do when its MOT time ?

I live near Manchester if that helps at all.

Ta,
DSE

I had something similar there is a cheat by fooling the ECU to run lean for the test by attaching some hose on the intake side (cant remember exactly where). Other of option is to find a more friendly MOT station

Hi guys, I have a Honda SC in my car and its just failed its mot on emissions. I am guessing that my car doesnt have a catalytic converter fitted, any suggestions on how to get it through ? What do you fellas do when its MOT time ?

I live near Manchester if that helps at all.

Ta,
DSE

Hi matey,

Has it been a year already…wow!

It has got a sports cat on it, I’m pretty sure of that. So thats odd that it has failed…it failed last time due to a leak in the manifold so the ecu compensates for it and overfuels. But MSC changed the manifold to rectify and then the latest map was installed, too. This is a typical niggle, or so I am told. Maybe get it to a linkup dealer? Is Richard still doing work at BLiNK?

Hope you are well!
Paul.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have contacted a couple of garages in my local area to get it sorted out. We will see what happens.

Thanks Paul for your input, gives me an idea of what might be going on. Hopefully it wont be too expensive to get sorted.

Well it failed again on emissions. Would anyone on here be able to deduce the probable cause by looking at the figures ?

Help !