Factory tour at Lotus on 25.9.01

I was just wondering if anybody was interested to come along and doing a factory tour at Lotus on 25.9.01. I thought I might as well combine the track day exige coming together and all that with such a guided tour. just let me know and I try to book us in. although don’t know wheter it is not too late for such a booking ?cheers,Bruno

I doubt I can make it but if you see my Gun Metal Exige being built say “Hi!”, let me know and make sure they’re doing a good job!Cheers, Ian

shame Ian. with the Exige that’s exactly one of the things I want to find out like how many Exiges there are still being built.cheers,Bruno

Bell & Colvill think the last builds are about week 38, which will be just about as you’re there!Perhaps there should be a production line decommissioning ceremony?!

just had James form Lotus Cars on the phone.he suggested to open up the factory on Sunday, 23.9.01 if there are some of you coming as well (if we are about 5 or so)?is nobody interested? give me a shout until tomorrow 'cause I want to fix a date with him if not for Sunday than at least for Tuesday.Cheers,Bruno

Now Sunday is a completely different story!I’m going to be at Rockingham for the CART on the Saturday so Sunday at the Lotus factory could make it a top weekend. I’ve mailed the mates I’m going with to see if its a possibility.I’ll get back to you.Cheers, Ian

hey Ian, it seems that we just talk to each other here…now, I’m just thinking, where are all the others???so, how many of you would be in the boat?cheers,Bruno

So what’s it to be ? The 25th (as per subject line) or the 23rd ?Make yer minds up chaps.

25th Suits us but we will go with the flow! [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]

ok, will ring Lotus today and just tell’em that we are at least 5 coming. will let you know the outcom tonight.have a good one…cheers,Bruno

quote:Originally posted by Admin5:So what’s it to be ? The 25th (as per subject line) or the 23rd ?Make yer minds up chaps.I (and a couple of mates?) can only make the 23rd

Bruno,Any news on which day? I and a couple of mates are still keen for the Sunday.Cheers, Ian

Ian, have been trying to ring James at Lotus Cars for two days, now.only got the answering machine. informed him that we are at least 5 coming on Sunday. will try again on Monday. as soon as I have the confirmation, I will let you know.David and Brannan, are you in as well on Sunday?cheers,Bruno

That would be sound Bruno if you can sort it!It would be 2 of us Phillippa Cheif Lotus Spotter and myselfCheersBran [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]

ok chaps, I need your help. for the sunday factory tour, I would need to show up at 10.00 AM 'cause the chap wants to have the afternoon off which is understandable. problem is that I will have to drive from Hull that very morning down south and I only arrive in Hull at 08.00 AM. So, how long does it take me to get to Norwich from there?

Hull > Norfolk in 2 hours… (even assuming you dock on time and aren’t delayed at Customs/Passport control)… I’m not sure you could make it in time.

I’ve done that trip b4 and I think 2 hours would be really pushing it even with the Humber Bridge and the bloody camera’s.Try Hamberg >Harwich or Felixstowe its an overnight job and even less on the A039’slet us knowBran

Originally posted by Brannan:I’ve done that trip b4 and I think 2 hours would be really pushing it even with the Humber Bridge and the bl…dy camera’s. Let alone the new port security measures!Try Hamberg >Harwich or Felixstowe its an overnight job and even less on the A039’slet us knowCheersBran

If you sailed to Dover, you would be nearer I’m sure.

thanks chaps, that is what I have thought. not so sure about dover eiter, david. I have already booked Hull anyway, so, I might as well call it a day and forget about Sunday then. sorry about that…try to secure tuesday…will keep you informed.cheers,Bruno