F1's at FOS 2010 clip

Found this clip on an old SD card yesterday and uploaded it onto youtube , its of Dad back in 2010 sat in his FW18 next to Bruno Senna in his uncles Mclaren waiting to drive from the F1 paddock to the start line and stop , anyone thats been to Goodwood will know that the cars are pushed through the crowds from the F1 paddock to a holding area with the pit crews following ready to start the cars with all the gear , once started they drive down part of the hill to the start line and stop the engines because they will overheat waiting , the pit crew then have to get to the start line and start the car again just before the cars called to go , they drive to the top of the hill and stop again and wait for the pit crew to arrive again in a mini bus to start the engine to drive back down the hill and drive through the crowds back to the marquee in the F1 Paddock , its a right performance and stressful , if the cars engine is stopped for to long and cools down to much you can’t start it without going through the hole start up process by heating the water & oil up externally , Sky TV wasn’t helping by dictating when the cars ran because of add breaks .
This is what makes Goodwood though , the only place you can see this and its on someones driveway :crazy:

Couldn’t have asked for better weather :sunglasses:

Do DH or JV ever get to go in this car Paul ?

Yeah it was a red hot weekend that year .
Not since he’s had the car , I think Williams have 2 Damon Hill chassis cars with an engine between them , although I was told that the guy that owns Martini drinks company got one of them as part of the Williams sponsorship deal .

Check out these I took in 2006! Last of the V10s.

2006 F1 cars at Goodwood - YouTube

My ears have never been the same :slight_smile:

Also WRC for comparison (also featuring Aston DBRS9)

2006 WRC cars at Goodwood - YouTube

cheers,

Pat

[quote=“pat_t”]Check out these I took in 2006! Last of the V10s.

2006 F1 cars at Goodwood - YouTube

My ears have never been the same :slight_smile:

Also WRC for comparison (also featuring Aston DBRS9)

2006 WRC cars at Goodwood - YouTube

cheers,

Pat[/quote]
That sound !! :clap:

LOUD!

Still the fastest time I think , mental !

Festival of Speed - Nick Heidfeld's 41.6 second hill climb record - YouTube

Another world