F1 Testing Barcelona

Anyone watching?
I must say I am enjoying the coverage of the second bout from Barcelona, as I did the first three days.
Some of the newer Sky commentators sound like they’re still in short pants or auditioning for a morning show on an local radio station but when Jolyon Palmer is in the “comm box” (as the juveniles insist on calling the commentary box) with Johnny Herbert or the more long-standing reporters, the quality goes up several notches.
Ted Kravitz can still be irritating but essentially does seem to get the stories and to know his stuff.

Love a bit of Ted but I’ve not had chance to watch much of the coverage this year so far. Got a Skybox full of gossip though so I’ll get caught up soon enough!

Always had it in mind to go watch Winter testing at some point, would be especially interesting off the back of a major rule shuffle (such as the move to Hybrids etc) when everybody turns up in the dark as to each others performance.

Being a man of leisure has its advantages. Watching the coverage last week and this, has got me deadly keen on a trip to Barcelona next year when it should be really interesting.

I can recommend Bahrain! I have been several times and its stunning! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Milan/Monza has been my favourite so far (though Bahrain one of the few I’ve not done!) as the city just got swept up in F1 fever. Austin was similar.

Something really appeals about going to winter testing though, just sat with a few other ‘proper’ fans instead of 30,000 pissed up Dutch “fans” who don’t know the difference between a Torro Rosso and a Red Bull car :unamused: