Eye-watering prices

Has anyone been emailed by the clumsily named Want2race?
And been shocked by the prices?

Tried to post a pic of the website to illustrate but Imgur was over capacity or something

Yes, and I don’t remember signing up for an email list.

Snap… just unsubscribed.

A carry over from when it was Bookatrack, I suppose?

Cut image size so think it’s worked.

Presumably singing from the same hymnsheet as holiday companies, ie. pent-up demand as a result of lockdowns, so people will pay…

Thats just not ethical. I understand supply and demand but this is profiteering

We should be grateful for LoT. Excellent service in my experience too.

Not quite sure why some think its a rip off or unethical.
We dont know the cost to hire a major UK circuit, Insurance costs, staff costs Etc We also dont know how many cars will be allowed
I for one would rather pay a little more to have less cars ie LOT days than days with so may cars that you queue to get on circuit (Javelin days)
I have heard that Donnington is between 15-20k per day depending on the time of year plus insurance and staff costs
TDO’s need to make a profit or they wont be in business very long and then we wont have anywhere to explore the performance of our cars
I know that LOT days in the UK rarely break even and are supported financially by the European days.
Not wishing to upset or cause arguments I just think we are lucky to have soooo many days to choose from
I remember a few years ago we all looked forward to the Bookatrack noisy days at Donnington later in the year and I seen to recall the where about £400 back in 2012-2015 ish

Indeed. Want2race is the remains of Bookatrack. They do run days with low car numbers and they are often rare noisy days. I was a platinum member with them for a year and you got plenty of clear track time. The downsides were the number of race cars on the track, mainly Ginetta, which spent too much time in the gravel. I stopped when their prices went up more than I wanted to pay, that’s not to say the limited numbers are not worth it to some, not me though.

There are cheap TDOs that I never attend, as they have too many cars. You get what you pay for.

I hear what you are saying Dave. We are super lucky.
However if a company is profiteering due to the lockdown thats when I have issue.

I noted some of the super expensive days at Donington are unsilenced events - fair play if they are high price. Its the normal run of the mill days that if they have jumped in price that gets me.

I am happy with LOT, seems well run and reasonable.