Exiges Transylvanian Tour – Transfaragasan and Transalpina

You would have to translate for me though, I stand more chance of understanding Romanian and Slovak than Brummy :laughing:

While having breakfast in a hotel in cologne this morning I bumped into the EVO team so I took the opportunity to thank Henry Catchpole for his awesome recommendation of the Transalpina. He’s a really nice guy. Looks like they’re heading off to test something new from Ford today :wink: Shelby or the mondeo?

How the other half live!

He didn’t seem interested in a job swop, I’m sure he would get used to daily life in a manufacturing plant instead of photo shoots and hooning round in the latest manufacturers offerings :wink:

woohoo! Happy new year Wes! Your travelling sounds better than mine - the furthest I got this week was to the gym :smiley:

Tatra in March I’m thinking? :stuck_out_tongue:

As a run-up to Spa in July lads…yeah yeah? :smiley:

Not sure if the Tatras in March will be suited to skiing or Lotus driving? We are suffering from mild random British weather here, the promised dumps of snow haven’t really happened…for the second year running :frowning: I’ve been had by the Slovak ski marketing board :wink:

Spa in July? Hmm, wonder if the kids and wife might be going back to the UK for the school holidays?

Wow this looks like a great adventure. Really tempted to do a trip like this too. Did you takes spare tyres for the Elise too?

Pierre managed to cram a front and rear spare for the Evora in his car, the benefits of 2+2! As we were starting from different places I had to make do with what I could fit in the Elise, the trusty tyre moose can. It focussed me on driving tidily and steady on the unsaved sections.

I did pack quite a few tools though and a decent tow rope.

Lol - the Evora only has a front tow point. Would have been interesting if I had to tow you in reverse gear :smiley:

Well me and a friend are going to drive over end of September. A total of 10 days from UK to Tranfaragasan, possibly as far as the Black Sea and of course back. Looking forward to it but we are looking at 10 hours driving day. Not sure it will be fun but it will be memorable. Cheer Pierre for the inspiration :smiley:

Great plan Jason, you’ll love it. The time will fly by especially if you are sharing the driving. Based on our epic second day in Romania 10 hours is almost a half day :crazy: I’m not planning on doing such a marathon day on the next trip. Pierre doesnt mind the long stints as he has nice armchairs, good soundproofing and velvet ride quality in his Evora :laughing:

Enjoy it

Wes

“Velvet Ride” - new nickname for Viktoria? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Steady on . . . You’ll do yourself a mischief

Well if you want to bunk in Budapest I might be able to help out - send me the dates and I’ll see if ‘the flat’ is available :slight_smile:

You will have a great trip. Transalpina is the better of the two though if you run short of time/daylight.

I must be the only owner who moans about the soundproofing! Viktoria/Miss DD tells me I’m too critical. But now the 2bular is fitted there is more fettling to be done!
I do love the ‘armchairs’ though :sunglasses: Best car seats I have ever had for sure.

Hey guys, been super busy with work stuff not been back here in a while. So will have to see how things go really. Our cars are ready now as have serviced and got near rear tyres too.

We hit the road on the 28th August not long, just hope the channel tunnel is fully recovered now. Will PM you Pierre about your kind offer.

And they are off!!!

Have a great journey guys and post up picts!! I have such good memories of this drive; just epic.

Good luck guys. Take lots of pics and treat us to a big write up eh!!!

Pictures, pictures and more pictures :slight_smile: Enjoy!

Have an awesome trip. The weather should be nice and toasty hot.

Top tip - watch out for donkeys in the tunnels on Transfagarasan…yeah, I mean real donkeys. They shelter from the sun in the unlit road tunnels!