Exiges - how many?

are they of limited build number?

Yes - about 600 were built during 2000 & 2001.

And anybody guess how many S2 Exiges they’re going to make?
Loads!

Ten years down the road, which one would you rather have?

Yep and I understand that 300 went abroad, 100 for track use so thats only 200 of the lil’ buga’s on the road…

when is the S2 Exige in production, are there any pictures released of it?

thanks

when is the S2 Exige in production, are there any pictures released of it?

thanks

Have a look in the post a few below this one…

And anybody guess how many S2 Exiges they’re going to make?
Loads!

Ten years down the road, which one would you rather have?

I’m not so sure about that Uldis. When the Exige came out, for me, it was the only serious trackday/road car with a roof and aero for Joe Shmoe money (come to think of it, it still is). Demand dried up. It doesn’t sound like we’re all going to buy one. It’s likely to be a third as much as the original (noticed how the Elise has been creeping up in price over ther last few years?). You could almost get a Noble or TVR for the same money and they offer more power/practicality respectively.

Although trackdays are more popular these days I’m not so sure the niche for the Exige has grown too much. If they only sell the same number again (personally I think they’ll export more and sell less for track only) it makes an ify business stance UNLESS all they are doing is using current developments (eg. US engine) to make a new car to help the brand. If they sell 500 at �40k, that’s �20mill and if they can hang on to half of that as profit, it’s worth doing.

If the magazines don’t love the S2 it’ll only compound Lotus’ problems. I think the journos are going to be intrigued by the new engine but then wonder exactly how far the car has moved on. They’re going to call it a test bed for the USA Elise. They may not be wrong.

So far I think indications are strongly in the S1’s favour!

We’ll see.

Ian

Agree!
I said which one would you rather have meaning… the S1!

Now, about the demand, yes, I agree that demand from people like us is going to be less.
But they are going to sell bucketloads more. And to who? To a loaded Mr Average.
No track days, some road miles, enjoying the fact that is one of the newest Lotus and is nice, looks cool and can be driven well as demostrated by some others (the mad track day people → us).
At the end of the day it’s going to be a lot of money for not really easily going faster than other (less expensive) cars.
Cost Vs benefit not quite there.
It’ll have to be people who like the looks and name.

Now I know there are always going to be some out there at the tracks, probably highly modified as well (although they will have to be new engine developments, looking at the Toyota page’s forum, there doesn’t seem to exist a lot for it now).

So there’s going to be loads, most of them staying the way they were born. Later sold with the extra mention “never tracked”
They will be heavier. No more powerful than now. Bad kick of the second cams might be upsetting in the turns (unless tuned out).
6 speed gearbox: good (although not very refined as per the current Toyota owners sayings)

But I like the looks.

I don’t really think they’re going to sell that many in the UK only, it will have to be across Europe.
And then they may discover that to sell it to the US power need to be upgraded, and then they’ll come out with a new more powerful one.
And discover that it’s on the price/poer range as the Noble… and that one drives better

Anyway, the only thing we can do is wait and see.

I for one would like to get my dirty hands on a written off one 2 years down the road, and convert it as racecar.

Uldis