Exiges.com trackday at Donington Park

No one?

I thought all you S1 owners were a bunch of hardcore track slags?

Oh well looks like just me flying the Exiges.com flag then.

Pussies

So, are you coming to Oulton on 17th August? Quite a few of us will be there (see VVR posting in Events Section)

Meeeooow

No one?

Pussies

I would happily do it, but going to be in holidays then, visiting the mother-in-law

…but she cooks well

No one?

Pussies

So, are you coming to Oulton on 17th August? Quite a few of us will be there (see VVR posting in Events Section)

Meeeooow

I would do but am not here for that

Might be up for it.

Was out at Croft today. Dave, there was an S2 Exige there with a Stage 2. Sounded nice. Had a passenger ride, sounded even better inside

I,ll be at Oulton-see you there Pesky!!

Well you all missed a great day at Donnington. The sun shone all day.

Never been to Donnington before and my first proper trackday in the Exige (did VMAX at Bruntingthorpe but that is one lap at a time and only 2 cars on the ‘track’ at once)

The Exige was awesome even up against some stiff competition. There were the usual mix of Caterfields. The lower powered ones I could overtake but the higher powered oned just blew me apart. I went out with a guy called Simon in his Caterham Superlight R. About the same power as mine but only weighing about 400kg’s. The Exige is quick but this thing had real necksnapping acceleration.

Also about 5 Radicals there, a mad race prepared 911 GT3 which was as loud as the Le Mans cars, and a Ferrari 360 - which I whipped twice!

From the Lotus stable there was a silver S1 Exige, a silver S1 and a Chrome orange S2 Exige which had a little excursion into the gravel.

I was a bit apprehensive about the open pit lane format with so many faster cars and experienced drivers on only my second full trackday but it was fine. As long as you keep checking your mirrors no problem.

Donnington was fantastic, have to do it again.

Definately got the bug now. The only downside is that I now need a new set of rear tyres

Good lad, Davey

Real pity you ain’t coming to Oulton to meet up with quite a few regulars from here Ah well, no doubt some other time, eh?

Definately got the bug now. The only downside is that I now need a new set of rear tyres

You need to come to Oulton on the 17th, brother.

Davey,
I was in the silver S1 enjoyed the day, nice and quiet in the afternoon.
My new Superlight R got most of the action but it was nice to take the Exige out at Donington without getting black flagged for being to noisy.
Must say that I still love the Exige but am mighty impressed by the 7. Can�t think of many quicker ways to get round a track but I know which the first choice was for the 100mile drive home!
See you all at Oulton next week.
John

Hi John.

It looked like you were having fun in the Caterham. I dont blame you I was very impressed with the pax lap I had.

Gutted I cant do Oulton but I will definately be there for the next outing.