Exigers are totally bloody brilliant!

My car is having a few bits & bobs done at the moment, which unfortunately meant it was not available for today’s LRV trackday at Anglesey. I was, however, still looking forward to meeting up with both old & new faces last night at the hotel, & today at the circuit, & hoping to be offered the odd passenger ride.

Not only did we have a great “craic” last night, but today’s weather was superb - windy, but plenty of sunshine & a dry track all day for the 20 odd cars which were booked in.

But the real point of this post is give a MASSIVE thank you to the kind folks who, without me asking, let me take their pride & joys out on track. In all, I must have put in about 45 laps, so my sincere thanks go to the following who made my day, & are listed in the order of my drives:

Mrs Trudy Davies (S2 Exige in a funny green colour, which actually is rather nice)

Mr Russ Treasure (S2 Exige, with brakes which are nearly spot on now that it has some race Mintex pads on the front, & Pagids on the rear).

Mr Andrew Dovey (S1 Exige, which is really well sorted in the handling/suspension dept, plus has a delightfully smooth & purposeful K series lump)

Mr Chris Pearson (aka EvoSal) (S1 Exige, again with a great K series lump, which pops & bangs like a goodun, cos he’s not fitted the “recall” ECU)

Okay, yes I’ve previously driven both Russ’s & Andy’s cars before, but struth…today was the first time I’d EVER met Trudy & Chris, so to be handed their carkeys was a great surprise, & I’m truly gobsmacked by their gesture!

However it didn’t quite stop there, young Steve Edwards wasn’t driving his/dad’s Exige today, but he also managed to get plenty of laps in driving Russ’s & Andy’s cars, plus driving a very nice, & quick, race spec Europa belonging to Jon = Azreal’s (aka Steve Hibbert) race engineer.

I may be wrong, but I find it hard to imagine that any other group of “one marque” car owners would behave in such a manner - we really are a fortunate lot!

Once again, thanks a million peeps for a cracking 24 hours

Rock On

Yep, our group is helpful, unique.

It’s well known by other groups too!

Wish I had been there !!

Wish I had been there !!

so do we…

in fact pesky especially wishes you were here…

in fact pesky especially wishes you were here…

LOL…but true

Fantastic time was had - great company as always, and a really perfect day for driving.
Was good to have a shadow there and back, what with me and no trailer - cheers Steve and thanks to Russ for me getting to try an S2 … I couldnt resist any more and it really is a delight to drive … oh dear

oh dear, indeed

"I may be wrong, but I find it hard to imagine that any other group of “one marque” car owners would behave in such a manner - we really are a fortunate lot!

Once again, thanks a million peeps for a cracking 24 hours"

I’ll Second that Rob. Once again the “Exige” crowd put together a very memorable and enjoyable weekend. Can’t wait to get the Exige back on track after the minor HGF, And then in the new year with Honda Power

Steve.

Glad you had a good time chaps, I’m sorry I missed it.

It’s very true Pesky, it’s almost amazing that a car and an Internet forum can bring together so many great people.

So, did Russ claim all his burgers for getting the weather right?!

Ian

So, did Russ claim all his burgers for getting the weather right?!

Ian

No, I was all “burgered out” by lunchtime, but instead I went on and on about it all day, and felt satisfied.

Had a superb day and cant wait until the next one!!!
The only bit i did not enjoy was being stopped by the old bill on the way home and recieving a �30 fixed penalty!!!
For the shamefull crime of having front numberplate letters which were 50mm instead of the regulation 75mm Glad he failed to notice the rear tyres

The only bit i did not enjoy was being stopped by the old bill on the way home and recieving a �30 fixed penalty!!!

I wondered why you overtook Russ, Debs & myself, [color:“red”]twice [/color] on the A55, even though we had stopped for petrol at Gaerwen after you’d gone past us for the first time!

Sounds like you guys had a good crack . Wish I could have joined you but was busy up to the elbows in grease trying to get my nylon bushes on . Will HAVE to make it to the next one.

It’s things like this that convinced me I bought the right car. What a crackin bunch of people you/we Exigers are.
John

would like to say had a brilliant time at anglesey and it was great to meet you. Still laughing about getting lost in the welsh mountains and glad it amused you rob lol
again many thanks for makeing us feel so welcome.when we doing it again!!!

Mr Pesky

can you confirm or deny if the second item down in this link is out of a well known laser blue exige with silver viper stripes ??

velly suspisheyuss… ?

Rox

Keep up man!

That’s been on Blink’s site for nigh on 9 months now - when I was hoping to go down the Blink/Honda route. I suppose I should ask them to take it off now

ahh booger…

that’s the first time i’ve looked at the BLiNK site for about 9 months and with you saying (on this thread) your car was bitsing and bobsing… i thought i had scooped your eventual sale and conversion to japaloti…

i’d make a pretty crap investigative journo ehh…