Exige wheels

Road tyres for me on those. Don’t have a trailer, remember?

I insist> , we should order some more and keep them in a kind of Exiges.com fund.

You big charmer Uldis! I’ll let you propose the finances for such a fund.

mike, I’ll make the decision on which wheels to run the day before. It’ll be much easier/safer then switching tyres alot.

Ian

mike, I’ll make the decision on which wheels to run the day before. It’ll be much easier/safer then switching tyres alot.

Ian

That’s what I do as well

That’s what I do as well

So do you have two sets of your lovely silver jobs then?

Ian

So do you have two sets of your lovely silver jobs then?

Ian

Ooo er missus - I know his barnet is silver, but to comment on his ‘bits’ - outrageous

Ooo er missus - I know his barnet is silver …

Mike, to be honest I couldn’t give a $hit what colour it is, if only it would grow out of my scalp instead of my nostrils & ears

Ian, yep I’ve got 2 sets. Funnily enough, my second set are ex-motorsport in origin, which were re-furbished & painted before I bought them for a mere �600 in 2002

David

Unable to reply to your e-mail - but I will - as soon as our IT department can get my mobile VPN working again ( hope that means something to someone )

If anyone says they use Novell Groupwise - run

I’d prefer to source a couple of standard fronts if poss, since I now have 2 rears, anyone interested?

Alternatively if I’ve not found any by the time you order I’ll take 2 fronts in black.

Kerry

as soon as our IT department can get my mobile VPN working again ( hope that means something to someone )

VPN = virtual private network = a way of tunneling safely through the web (so they say )

Thanks Andy - good luck getting any IT Dept to sort anything out !!

mumble grumble mumble !!!

I’d prefer to source a couple of standard fronts if poss, since I now have 2 rears, anyone interested?

Kerry - if I decide to go down the mag route I wil have a pair of fronts spare

I just spoke to David Williams he’s still waiting on Speedline but should be in Italy to resolve this in the next fews days.

Interestingly, and in the long term, he said they hoped to have something light, that fits, in alu. Aimed mainly at the S2 Elise but hopefully available for the Exige too.

But for the moement, Lotus are after about 20 sets of mags and we’re good for 10-15 more. So there’s some demand for Speedline to fulfil.

David said he’d pop-in to see what we’ve been saying.

Ian

Thanks for the update Ian…Lets hope David comes up with the goods!

Hi IDG…I was just wondering if David from Speedline had contacted you regarding the magnesium wheels?Would be handy to know asap what sort of deal they think they can do us

hi guys, just saw this thread. you may find it of interest to kow that we got Speedline to produce some of these wheels for us here in Australia with an order of just 5 sets! lobby hard, you should be able to get them

my 2c worth

angelo

Just spoke to David again. He thinks we are now only days away from the details, which would include a price and lead time.

As soon as he knows, I’ll post a price and ask you to contact him directly so he can place a relatively accurate order. Apparently, and perhaps understandably, things tend to happen quicker with Speeldine on things they have commitment to.

Ian

Thanks Ian. Looks like the guys at Speedline UK have fully embraced the Italian style of reeelaxed customer service

I think the poor UK guys do their level best to operate despite ‘relaxed’ Italian service. Now if Lotus was an Italian company, perhaps it’d be a different story!

I’m led to believe the part numbers for our wheels have made it on to a work schedule, with really only the quantities to be resolved. So we do appear to be getting somewhere.

Ian

That’s good news - thanks Ian

Anybody know the Lotus part number for the Motorsport wheel nuts?

I’m going to see if I can get a price from somebody for them too.

Ian