Exige spec..............

I am currently looking for a n/a series 2 exige but have the following issues and need some help. I understand that the exige spec changed in 2005 some time where by Lotus added led rear lights, FBW Throttle, revised pedal box & compressed rev counter. I was advised that this later spec was the one to go for. However every chrome orange one I find is the older spec. When did the spec change? As I have viewed two 55 plates which I thought would have it but they didn’t Is it really that much a necessity or is the old spec one just as good but people have hyped it up?
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards
GMan - A frustrated Exige owner wannabee!

Imo the throttle is better on the older spec

the only thing worth having is LED lights but you can buy a set of thoses if you want some.

I understand the later brake pedal set up is better, i remember people saying it was hard to heel and toe with the early set up.

If you are planning on doing any tuning the cable throttle may be easier…

I dont find it a problem, you can ajust the pedals any way.

http://www.996turbo.co.uk/exige/PedalAdjustment.pdf

I am currently looking for a n/a series 2 exige but have the following issues and need some help. I understand that the exige spec changed in 2005 some time where by Lotus added led rear lights, FBW Throttle, revised pedal box & compressed rev counter. I was advised that this later spec was the one to go for. However every chrome orange one I find is the older spec. When did the spec change? As I have viewed two 55 plates which I thought would have it but they didn’t Is it really that much a necessity or is the old spec one just as good but people have hyped it up?
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards
GMan - A frustrated Exige owner wannabee!

GMan,

The big spec change that included LED rear-lights, drive-by-wire, pro-back seats and some other things like traction control was with the MY2006 model.

Having the choice at the time between a new 2005 and a new 2006, I went for the 2005 one, given it’s the more raw model. Better throttle response than the drive-by-wire ones and IMO the seats are also better than the newer pro-back ones. Also, additional sound proofing was added to the newer models which is likely to make them a bit heavier too (how much is anyones guess). And I don’t like the LED rear-lights either.

None of the spec changes should affect your willingness to buy the best car available IMHO. If the car is to be a daily driver then the probax seats may be worth having, but the originals are fine anyway.

The real ‘must have’ on any N/A car is the revised ECU map to give a lower cam change, & this is not a standard production item (lotus sport). I would doubt if any car with this mod has yet found its way onto the market.

Hope that helps

I dont find it a problem, you can ajust the pedals any way.

http://www.996turbo.co.uk/exige/PedalAdjustment.pdf >

Anybody know if the same adjustment available on the new pedal box?

Gman, are you the guy who emailed me about my car?
Same sort of questions.