Exige S2 with added supercharger

Delivery for Bond!

1 Like

Clam is on , not secured but on.

2 Likes

What?! You used up all those screws and bits already?

1 Like

There are not too many tbh that I covered up

Rad housing shroud, fuse box + plastic spacer , cowl ( lower and upper fixings )

Still got loads left for the clam, access panels and arch liners

:joy:
It’ll keep you busy for a bit then :+1:

So some more progress.
Clam is now on and secured
Indicators are on top of the clam tested
Fans are tested
Side lights are tested
Main beam is partially tested.

This is where I started having fun. The drivers side main would work. Excellent news.
The passenger side wouldnt. Easy ! Bulb out ! Swapped the bulb over to a spare , nothing.

Multimeter out , another spare bulb out , nothing!

Balls!

Known working bulb from drivers side into the passenger side cue retinal burn.
Swap the two spares over to the drivers and nada.

Best get some new bulbs then hadnt I?

Spent an hour and a half dicking around with that.

Today I have mostly been doing lights, archliners and regretting doing the arch liners are I forgot my lenses were not attached …

I purchased these as the H1 was knackered. So put in a new set. Also did the H7 because I really, really dont want to get the car back together and then have to take apart again for lights

Check passed

New fittings on displays

I have started as well to look a little at aero on the exige. Here we can see a new front splitter that I would like to make work.

I also am looking to add on side skirts as well.

1 Like

I guess if i ever need vynal matt paint i know the man to see.

how are those stands still solid? must be good to be doing things on the car and making progress

Can sell you them at 2 for £10 :wink:

Its leftovers from the house we have moved into and had decorated top to bottom.

Spent some time on the car instead of sport so its been good to “get out of the house” so to speak.

My lights came back today . Delighted with their finish tbh.

Wheels are now back on, and all orange boxes are empty.

Apart from the scabby box of crusty fittings

1 Like

I know your leg hurts, but step the fuck away from the saw!!!

Car looking good. Garage looking cold!

I have a couple of bits to fit to the car to aid in differing areas.

Firstly I have a mishimoto thermostatic oil plate. I already have the lotus one on my car but noted that my oil temps seem baltic unless I am really going around track. From reading it appears that the Lotus stat opens at 65.5 deg C and this one opens at 85 deg C.

This can only help with things in my opinion regarding oil temps

Ill ask the fine gentlemen at SeriouslyLotus to fit this for me. When I cant find them I am sure John will. Car is due a service so seems perfect timing

Second thing I bought after deliberating for an age is a larger throttle body. The TB I have on is currently 65mm and this one is 70mm.

Its been killing me that another car made more power with a very , very similiar setup. I am not one for chasing numbers ( liar , liar , pants on fire ) but this was bugging me. Where was I “missing” out?

There are a few minor differences between the car that made 300bhp and my 282bhp such as exhaust manufacturer and injectors, slightly different charge cooler pipe work but nothing really major. The only “real” difference I could spot was that the DBW throttle body is 70mm and the cable body 65mm.

Got to be that, right? I guess time will tell. Ill get the new mishi thermostatic plate fitted and then fit my uprated TB and get over to RSTuning for some tweaks.

Some pictures of a not very exciting TB

2 Likes

I’d say that TB is super-exciting if you ask me mate! :partying_face:

Yesterday I booked in at SeriouslyLotus to get the car serviced. I am taking my lunch with me to eat it off the workshop floors.

I have also ordered and collected 3 new screws from toyota for my new throttlebody so I can detatch the IACV and attach it. No doubt I will butcher the old screws so safter to get new ones. I have a gasket already .

Ill get that fitted around 19seconds after returning from SL and get it booked in with RSTuning to get a map tweak to discover if the expensive, reading , research and hypothesis was worth the “missing” HP

1 Like

:joy: :+1:

Today I popped over to Seriously Lotus to get its annual oil/filter and bi annual brake fluid chage No dramas there.

We did stop at fitting the Mishimoto though for three reasons

1. Fittings
  2. Oil flow direction change
  3. The guys that designed/built the mocal stat think its stuck open.

So , rather than upset the apple cart Ill get a new stat and o ring fitted in September / October whilst having a few bushes changed out.

Easy!

Car running well and thoroughly enjoyed what is normally a rather mundane motorway schlep.

My quest for aero performance has turned up this :

I am going to check to see if I can see any figures for my GT4 look-e-likey rear wing to compare downforce.

I appreciate its never going to generate f1 levels of downforce but every little helps and this is the internet after all.

I have the front splitter to tart up and get to paint, then Ill get that fitted. I am also looking for details of any tangeable benefits of adding some front end wheel arch vents to remove all the air.

Its diminishing returns I know and I know I am not a racedriver etc.

Any / all input is appreciate, even if its Andy you have had enough internet for one day.

1 Like

Some of the bigger gains on the S2 Exige from memory of Reveries wind tunnel testing was around the rear floor.

Switching away from a floor exit exhaust and having a more aggressive diffuser along with sealing up the wheel well apertures a bit (still allowing for wishbone droop).

Do you have a link so I can have a read?