Exige S2 high-flow cat

I have just got a price from Milltek for there S2 Exige HF cat : �464 and six weeks delivery and a 8bhp gain.
I have got the Quicksilver exhaust fitted to my car and at the moment and it sounds spot-on, i am just a bit concerned that if i fit this cat and a ITG filter kit it will make the car a bit Nova chav for the sake of a few extra bhp.

I very much doubt you will gain 8bhp…

I very much doubt you will gain 8bhp…

So whats the point of the HF cat if it gives less than 8hp gain for �434

Will mean you can track it, pass an MOT and not blow the guts of the cat out the back knackering you exhaust in the process

Will mean you can track it, pass an MOT and not blow the guts of the cat out the back knackering you exhaust in the process

Its just a extra durable track use cat over my std one then, so why is it marketed as a cat that allows higher flow and gives bhp gains?

Hi all,
Has anyone fitted a de-cat pipe to their S2 exige? If so what do you think of it?

Its just a extra durable track use cat over my std one then, so why is it marketed as a cat that allows higher flow and gives bhp gains?

Both myself and Randy haev had the guts of our original cat been melted and blown out the exhaust knackering it en route…

That said, it’ll probably give you a few HP but 8bhp is a bit steep of a claim I think Randy’s point is… Well a cold morning will give you 8 bhp over a hot summers day anyway so it’s bugger all really

You may as well get a CRP for �30 and be done with it

Moomin
I had a CRP on my S2 and it sent the emissions up the swanee which meant the MIL light was permanently lit. Probably some gadget available to get around this. So ended up with a 100cpsi sport cat fitted, cars not quite a loud as with the CRP but still sounds great.
Spoke to the guy at the dyno when I took the car and he said there is a lot of bullshit about regarding performance gains from sports exhausts and you would only see real benefit in conjunction with a decent re-mapping session, or maybe he was just trying to sell me a session. I’m just happy the car sounds a whole lot better.
John

The only crp about that ive found is the miltek one which they will only sell with their whole exhaust! Imsure a chip is obtainable for the sensor to keep the management happy.
Gav

i’ve seen last year somewhere that it is enough to fit a resistor.

The only crp about that ive found is the miltek one which they will only sell with their whole exhaust! Imsure a chip is obtainable for the sensor to keep the management happy.
Gav

try Geary/Eliseparts