Exige S2 Exhaust help

Fascinating, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the inside of an exhaust, or bits from a catalytic converter.

I didn’t get to see the aftermath of the exhaust from my first Elise Cup 250 when the cat disintegrated into it.
It got to the point where the car was chuffing like a steam train before I gave up and had it recovered to Oakmere
Thankfully it was covered by warranty.

Hope the replacement is ok :thinking:

1 Like

This is often due to homologation reasons. For instance testing of it in TUV ( Germany ) requires expensive testing by the TUV team.

Mark it as “track use only” and you put the liability onto the end user.

1 Like

Ive opened an exhaust before and theres usually a load of stuffing in at least one of the compartments. the old box had a couple of TIG weld patches so I presume its been repaired in the past, or they opened it up to remove the stuffing for some reason.

Not fitted the gifted one yet @sjw as im not sure what to do with the CAT, think I’ll just get some o2 spacers till next year.

Started to reassemble today with the replacement back box but have an issue. I can’t get it on far enough. As the box fouls the cat pipe . Rotating exhaust then means tail pipes are In wrong place.

Any ideas? I’ve measured diameter of the back box and it’s smaller than the old so maybe a different shape or I’m doing something stupid

Scrap that. I started again and took it all out, wiggled it together then manhandled it back into place. The o2 sensors were a pain as were the exhaust hangers.

If anything it seems very close to the heat shield above the exhaust below the boot. But it’s not touching. Really snug fit

Took me all aft

1 Like