Exige S2 Enihlates an Apache...

TopGear

Wish they had put the Stig in the car rather than novice Clarkson.

Funny how he still called the car an Elise variant rather than an Exige.

Performance might be slightly better but on looks it’s not a spot on Exige S1…

It was funny when they were talking about how Lotus have put the Toyota engine in the Elise and the Elise they had in the studio had a K-series in it.

Good to see the new Exige is apparantly the 6th fastest car ever round the track, wonder how quick a well set up S1 on Nitrons etc would be???

an excellent performance review on the exige that will get the neighbours talking

your right that it doesn t look as good as the S1 but who cares it put a big smile on my face

now which track day shall I book now

\

S2 Exige beat Porsche GT3 in damp conditions around Top Gear track!!! Superb.

Imagine that car in dry conditions with Nitrons and a race track tuned suspension… I believe it WILL be number ONE on that track anihlating the other five cars.

Pity that it got slaughtered on chicken wire and tuppa ware due to not so solid built quality but than again we don’t pay 911 prices.

I really think even in standard spec the Exige in the dry could be number one around Top Gears track. I say that simply because 48s are very slippery in the wet.

It was funny when they were talking about how Lotus have put the Toyota engine in the Elise and the Elise they had in the studio had a K-series in it.

LOL! Yeah, I spotted that.

Good to see the new Exige is apparantly the 6th fastest car ever round the track, wonder how quick a well set up S1 on Nitrons etc would be???

I’m not sure it’d need Nitrons! On Saturday I witnessed a racing driver in a S2 Exige being caught by a fast S1 driver AND the S1 was 2up! Admittedly the pro driver had only done a dozen laps and was clearly quicker by the end of the day, but then he should be.

On the TG track, I think the S1’s downfall would be getting off the line, it’d lose a second or so there. I also reckon the Stig could have done a tidier lap in the Exige.

Ian

Funny how he still called the car an Elise variant rather than an Exige.

Er… It is… Isn’t it? Even the first one being simply a motorsport Elise

Good to hear that it’s pretty rapid tho’ knew it would be!

However saying what one with Nitrons, different rubber etc… isn’t really fair now is it. The test is all done with a factory car, what tyres are the standard for that car so it’s for the punters who wouldn’t even know that you can modify a car IYSWIM…

Otherwise I could say well a S1 Exige would be quicker if it had nitrons, racing slicks and 400bhp

Oh yes, Stig was definetly off the line few times and had he not been so over reacting and let the car do the work rather than force himself on a mildly wet track it would have resulted in better times.

Then again if he was in a S1 times automatically would have been remarkably better, even number one on that silly TG board.

Have I missed Top Gear on the telly? Or were you there for the recording.

Brendan

The new series started last night (BBC2 @ 8pm). Don’t know if it’s repeated, sorry.

Some footage has been uploaded to SELOC Here , but I’ve not downloaded it myself as yet.

You wouldn’t believe how many people in my office have already suggested I drop the Toyota engine into my Elise.

They also don’t believe me when I say my Duratec Elise with Nitrons etc will stomp all over that S2 Exige. They claim the Exige is newer, and therefore better.

Got it on video, I missed it too, but the old man heard Exige and did the business, you arent that far away if you want a copy

Thanks Pesky. Don’t know how I missed it. Knew it was coming soon. Loved the video clips. The Apache sequence is fantastic