Exige S2 270e Tri-Fuel

Lotus Exige 270E Tri-Fuel - YouTube

I bought this from Lotus almost 5 years ago now and it is still my daily, as well as my dream come true.

We should have been at Bedford Autodrome today… maybe next year.

Stay well, stay safe!

That is so cool, does it have the same livery? We need pictures :wink:

Whoah, any details?

Very cool, is this similar to the biofuel project one that they had on Fifth Gear some years back? Think Tiff was driving it and it was black with stripes.

Hi Andrew hope you are well . I think i may have bumped into you a few years back at Good Wood . I cant remember what i was doing there … & what was on … anyway Its great see you still have you Lotus . Your mobile at the time ended in 0717 .
So if it is you , what a pleasant suprise ! TTFN - Dave T

Wow -what a coincidence then - it was defo a bio - he said it was a real Lotus test car / development car . He had a massive shunt in it on a track day years back and rebuilt it pretty much from scratch , from what it sounded like … Im guessing when i saw him it must have been 2017 / 18 ? I’m not that well travelled in terms of Motorsport & i would put DeadWood as one of the places that is really worth going to … just once… :slight_smile: Thank you for responding Sir

I reckon I havent had enough coffee and thought you were replying to me not the OP.

Sorry! :slight_smile: As you were .

Hi Dave! I remember you and your lovely yellow Exige Very well. It was the Benjafields Sprint at Goodwood - we were watching Bentleys and some other classics. Great day. Hope you’re well!

Yes - all of you are correct - there is a Bi Fuel Exige out there somewhere (Lotus Silverstone has it for sale for a long time last year), but I read somewhere that it had been returned to a stock 240R spec. My Trifuel system is exactly as originally designed, and after an off at Spa, the body shop at Maidstone Sports Cars brought the whole car back to proper condition. The Trifuel history is just a google away so I’ll not reprise it here - you are right that Tiff Needell set a record in it at Santa Pod - that is hard to find but it’s a footnote in an old Fifth Gear show. I haven’t yet found footage of Kevin McClouds review but it’s out there somewhere. Here’s a recent photo!

[/img]