Exige S1 number one for sale

The very first Exige S1 is about to be auctioned next month by Silverstone Auctions.

It’s the same car that has been tested by Richard Hammond in this video:

Yep, that’s my car.

It was also the Lotus press car and featured on the front page of Evo magazine, AutoCar Magazine and Sportcar Magazine, as well as a few Men + Motors episodes

Wow, amazed you are selling it!

I’d say that was a low estimate?

Did it sell?

No, Dave will have to confirm however but just under the reserve of £40k I believe.

(I’m sure I replied to this thread, perhaps it went missing during the server transfer)

But yes, including fees the max bid was £38k. (£39k if bid online). The car wasn’t really in the right sale, which was more old-school British cars, and there was little time to preview the car before bidding, and no chance to have a test drive etc.

I see #001 is now at Lotus Silverstone https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Exige-U254/

Looks a relative bargain given they also have a silver one in, without the provenance and higher miles, only £2k less :confused:

:open_mouth: Priced a bit low given its mileage and provenance

I keep looking at this car, but the big question is, would you px a V6 for it? Is it as useable and exhilarating?

Yes.

Let the V6 prices come down, sit on the S1 which a very slightly appreciating and when you feel you have had your monies worth out of the S1 , sell and buy a S3 saving a boatload of cash in the process.

Hi, Can i ask the reason you are selling?

Bit of publicity for this one on Pistonheads today:

:thumbup:

They also have a very nice LF1 for £52k. So I’ve just upsold myself :wink:. https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Exige-S-LF1-U242/

That seems a very reasonable price for a low mileage example.

Anyone know the highest bid at auction?
I’ve seen conflicting figures… £38k in this thread and two other forums reported ad £33k?
Anyone know?

Hi contact me direct if you give up trying to sell through silverstone lotus.

Supposedly a deposit is now down on this car, according to a comment on a YouTube video. Not concrete I know!

I contacted Silverstone about it mid last week, and it was still very much for sale then, but it’s had some good PR via PHs since then so may have since sold.

Nice bit of history :thumbup: