exige S

Hi this might be a daft question but i am looking at buying an Exige S in the future now i understand that the standard S2 has 189bhp and the S had 218… now that doesnt seem like a very large increase for adding on a supercharger can this be increased (tuned/modified) within a reasonable budget?

thanks

Hi there and welcome!

I’m not going to comment on the tuning aspect of the 'S since I’m not that up to date and from what I heard, tuning options are still quite rare. The good news though is that I’m hearing reports of the 'S consistently pushing more like 240bhp rather than 218bhp. My Lotus dealer said the same thing at the time (they messured it at 240 at the crank) and this is what lots of dyno plots are showing as well (Elisetalk.com).

As of the difference: It’s not really the power that makes the huge different between a standard Exige and the Exige-S - it’s the torque that’s available a lot further down. If the car is doing 218bhp or close to 240, it’s all about the torque and different engine characteristic. I’d drive both.

Yep, its the torque that makes all the difference. In the S you don’t really need to rev beyond 5000 rpm to make very rapid progress indeed. In the N/A car you MUST rev well beyond 5000 rpm to make any progress at all.

Maybe I’m crazy but after owning the exige s for a few weeks, I think I would prefer the ragging the tits off it honda style engine as having a supercharger makes it way too easy.

Maybe I’m crazy but after owning the exige s for a few weeks, I think I would prefer the ragging the tits off it honda style engine as having a supercharger makes it way too easy.

Fancy a swap then???

You can always upgrade the standard kit on the S with the new Komo Tec 250 or 280 kits that Hanger 111 have available.