Exige or Elise

I know im jumping the gun a bit but I am looking to getting a Exige summer 2004. (once the warranty runs out on my current car)My friend drives a 2003 Elise 111S which is a fantastic car but I prefer the look of the Exige (would be looking to getting one around a X plate) In your honest opinions which is better in performance, everyday use and holding its value?My friend also said value of a lotus dramatically devalues after 3/4 years old. Is this true?Comments appreciated,SST

Not too usre about the value decreasing by a lot, others advice here please…Performance, torque, looks, drive, stares, cost… all these things are the real pleasure of owning an Exige. I had an S2 before, lovely car but a different league IMO.It is one of things in life that once you have one you wondered how the devil you ever enjoyed driving before. Mark

SST,Exige. Think about it, you know it makes sense.And BTW, if you look at some (fairly recent) threads you’ll see that the Exiges are holding their value really well. It’s the S1 (and now the S2’s) that will depreciate faster, just because they made more. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]Uldis

EXIGE ROX !!!

Exige is the way to go !!I’m looking to sell an Esprit S4 if you fancy something truly different and awe-inspiring?!Having driven a Noble GTO-3, Ferrari 355, Ferrari 355 F1, Elise 111s (Mark 1), Exige 177, Exige 190, Esprit GT3, Esprit S4 (which I’m biased about obviously) and a standard S2 Elise, I believe the best handling car of the lot was the Noble GTO-3. But that’s blasphemy to suggest another car brand, and what I’m getting at is the Exige is the nearest thing for half the money.The Exige values have settled and I doubt they’ll decline much. The S2 will steaily drop - anyone see an article in a magazine where S1 Elises were up for sale at �8000? The S2 won’t be far behind if these prices fall any further. The Exige is protected from this because of rarity.Exactly the same reason why I bought an S4 and not a Esprit Turbo. The turbo value today is about �11-12,000, while my S4 is still valued at �18,500.By the way - the worst handling car was the Ferrari 355 - no joke, it was awful - no real communication of grip etc. May have been a dodgy couple I drove though…?Mole

I thought the Noble was a bit soft for the track. They never seem to get away despite their extra pwoer.Ian [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]ps. Yep, I’m biased