Exige numbers produced

According to the August 2002 Publication of Classic and Sports Car there were 457 Lotus Exiges produced. They rated the Exige as the 12th best ever Lotus from a poll of 50 motoring journalists.Anyway it might answer a few questions as to how many were produced. It dosn’t say where the info was from however!!The order was as follows:1: Elan2: Elise3: Elite4: Eleven5: Esprit6: Lotus Seven7: Lotus Elan+28: Elan M1009: Excel10: Europa10: Lotus 2312: MK11112: Lotus 1912: EXIGE15: Elite 500 series16: Lotus 1516: Caterham R500

well my 2 are numbers 527 & 530 so how does that figure ?Did Lotus produce the Caterham R500 - i dont think so !!!

Hey don’t shoot the messenger?How do you know they started at number 1 on the production run? Lotus are a weird bunch. They could of started anywhere! As for the R500 thats what the publication says! I’m not defending them however.

& another thingThe Exige only got one vote from one of the journalists - and that journalist gave the Exige his maximum vote…Guess he was the only sensible one and the other 49 didn’t know what an Exige was??Now where did I put that gun and where did that messenger hide… [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]

I am willing to swap my Elan +2 AND my M100 Elan (7 and 8 place in survey) for any Exige out there - honest!!! - I will await replies!!

Simon, not swapping the Exige for anything but I don’t suppose you want to swap the Elan +2 for a '66 MGB do you? ;-)well it’s worth a try!

huskydog, not having a go at ya mate !!!In the register on this BBS, the first serial no is 27, the last is 576 so i guess they produced cars with sequential chassis numbers.All was trying to point out was that publication has got it wrong… THE EXIGE IS NUMBER ONE !!!

Hi ChristineThanks for offer - will be hopefully selling +2 shortly - when tested and have been able to retrieve no plate off it. M100 is also up for sale. Everything must go to finance an exige.Cheers Simon

Does somebody know the number of exiges build in total, and how many of that have shipped to main land? If somebody can point me in the directorion where I can find the statisics, that would be create. I even would like to know how many exiges have been sold per country.thnx

Just been speaking to Lotus, the last VIN produced was 601 and that is official.Don’t know the country split, trying ringing Lotus.

Lotus rang me back so i asked them about the split, they said somewhere in the region of 60% UK and 40% ROW

quote:Originally posted by simon:Hi ChristineThanks for offer - will be hopefully selling +2 shortly - when tested and have been able to retrieve no plate off it. M100 is also up for sale. Everything must go to finance an exige.Cheers SimonSimon - How much do you want for the +2, what is the model, year and condition?J

Hi JedElan is 1969 (G reg) +2 not +2S. New Lotus Galv chassis, new dash (all switches original), new spax dampers, refurbed interior, engine & carbs rebuilt (all parts from Quorn), s/s exhaust. Bodywork condition 2 would ‘benefit from a respray’. I’ve had (the car) for past 14 years. 12 months MOT (as I need no plate)inc. Looking for circa �4.5k.Simon