Exige Factory Build Spec - Top Trumps

Just received my Certificate of Vehicle Provenance from Lotus; it seems I have the only S1 Exige in metallic black that was originally spec’d with cloth seats ‘world wide’!!!

Sadly (or some may say luckily) it no longer has it’s original cloth seats… :laughing:

What’s your Exiges most interesting fact / rarest build spec?

I quite like the fact it had/has an all black interior, originally. Obviously and hopefully tastefully it has changed but hey.I do love the exterior orange and black combo. I have the Certificate of Provence somewhere and there’s not all that many.

There is an older thread here on the forum where you can find some more information about the COP:

Yours was the only one built in southern France :thumbup:

:clap:

What did the ‘Alcantara Trim Pack’ consist of? Apparently it came with this, but no sign of Alcantara anywhere!

I assume it’s just the door cards and sill trim, or does it also include the dash inserts?

More info:

The original body colour was metallic black, Lotus paint code B81. The interior trim was charcoal cloth on standard ‘comfort seats’ (as opposed to the optional sport seats) with black Alcantara chassis and door trims and black carpet mats. Factory optional extras were; Alcantara trim pack, Meta alarm, metallic paint and carbon fibre air-box.

Your car is the 192nd out of 604 cars

Your car is the 5th out of 24 cars in metallic black

Your car is the 5th out of 9 cars in metallic black for the UK

Your car is the only one in metallic black with cloth seats
worldwide as there were only 14 cars worldwide (in all colours) with cloth trim (13 for the UK, 1 for Belgium)

Metallic black was the 10th most popular colour out of the 22 different colours used on the Exige series 1 worldwide.

You’re loving that aren’t you :smiley:

My car had the alcantara pack. Seat centres, door panels and sill pads, may have include the steering wheel centre but mine has the removable wheel from new.

Cheers, I’ll probably get the black plastic door panels & leather sill pads re-trimmed by Allon White to match the centres of my sports seats (dark grey / anthracite) :thumbup:

As I’ve replaced my Exige S1 leather seats with some original sports seats (thanks again Klaus), I’m thinking of selling them as it seems they were not original to the car.

Any ideas on what they are worth would be appreciated, as I can’t find any identical ones to compare prices? Leather is good, just the drivers bolster that’s worn. Also includes std. seat runners/mounts.