Exige Cup car

We had a Belgian registered Exige Cup take part in the Lotus-On-Track trackday at Folembray on Saturday. Owner had only had it for 4 weeks, good to see he is using it for it’s intended purpose. I was never too keen on this colour scheme on the Elise but think it looks good on the Exige.

[image]http://www.trackphoto.co.uk/events/20050423_Fol_Lot_Web/TAJ/DSC_6127.jpg[/image]

There were also 4 S1 Exiges in attendance (including mine)

[image]http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/pages/Trackdays/abbeville220405/image/dsc_0114.jpg[/image]
(Picture taken at Abbeville the day before )

Excellent sideways action .

It’s what Abbeville circuit is all about, going back in August, with the Toyos fitted instead of the AO48’s

Some video footage.(Approx 9MB)

Some video footage.> (Approx 9MB)

I enjoyed that!

Mark, what suspension you got on yours? I’m interested in the way the car moves.

Ian

blatent ad -

I think the S2 Cup cars are fantastic - genuine FIA compliance in a package you can drive on the raod without any problem at all - they recapture the 60’s racing Lotuses which were equally capable on the road as on the track.

Here’s a pic of our Cup Car - soon to be seen at a track near you…

[image]http://forums.seloc.org/images/upload/plans/4378.jpg[/image]

If your thinking of getting one, Plans can supply Cup Cars, upgrade existing S2 Exiges to total Cup spec, or supply individual parts…

nice bit of driving there.

Excellant video footage again Mark.
Maybe you should change your id to ‘The Spindoctor’
Mark, what’s the diggerydo on your dash with the cable running from it?
Do you also remove your rear view mirror to get clearer footage?
John

blatent ad -

I think the S2 Cup cars are fantastic - genuine FIA compliance in a package you can drive on the raod without any problem at all - they recapture the 60’s racing Lotuses which were equally capable on the road as on the track.

Here’s a pic of our Cup Car - soon to be seen at a track near you…

If your thinking of getting one, Plans can supply Cup Cars, upgrade existing S2 Exiges to total Cup spec, or supply individual parts…

Isn’t a cup car just a normal Exige with a roll cage/extinguisher/cut off? If so surely it is much cheaper to get a standard Exige and convert it?

Tricker dampers too I believe.

Ian

Cup car includes Limited Slip Diff, adjustable suspension, uprated clutch and the things mentioned above.

[quoteIsn’t a cup car just a normal Exige with a roll cage/extinguisher/cut off? If so surely it is much cheaper to get a standard Exige and convert it? [/quote]
Chris
It also has the harnesses, LSD, uprated clutch and adjustable suspension as well. I know from speaking to Lotus Sport just to get the LSD retro fitted is around the �1900 mark, 2/3 of that is the labour as they recon as it’s a bitch of a job to do

John

interesting! That colour is the Type 23 colour scheme. I owned a type 23 series 2 before my exige and let me tell you with the hard top on, white colour coded wheels, big carbon rear diffuser and race graphics it really looked nice. 187hp engine made it go well too reggie was SNO3 CXT for anyone that may have seen it

I enjoyed that!

Mark, what suspension you got on yours? I’m interested in the way the car moves.

Ian

Ian,

Nitrons with 400/475 springs, it was running a bit soft at 12/10 from full stiff on the dampers, but they are a touch stiffer than standard settings.

Excellant video footage again Mark.
Maybe you should change your id to ‘The Spindoctor’
Mark, what’s the diggerydo on your dash with the cable running from it?
Do you also remove your rear view mirror to get clearer footage?
John

Thing on the dash is the GPS antenna for the Micro Road Pilot.
Yes always remove the rear view mirror when using the camera.
Why not pop over to Oulton on Saturday 7th May for some passenger laps, or better still, drop me a line and pay �135 to join in

Nitrons with 400/475 springs, it was running a bit soft at 12/10 from full stiff on the dampers, but they are a touch stiffer than standard settings.

12/10… a bit soft!!! Thats bone jarring territory.

That’s what I thought, it seemed a bit stiff (cue mikelane).

Ian

Normally run 6/5 but have had the damping increased by Guy.

mark i was going to book oulton on 7 may,who have u booked it through �135 is cheep,easy track askin �219.there was an orange exige there when i did a t day last year, was it you mine is a yellow mk1 ex51 gee.

4/3 with 475/525 springs keeps it pretty flat and gets those kidney stones out on the road