Exige cost?

i cant find any sites or anything,but how much does the US version cost. Or having a European version shiped over?thank youseth

I’m pretty sure that, at this late date, all the Exige’s that were shipped here to the US have been sold. Lotus dealers (stealers) were getting in excess of $65,000 for them.I paid $ 37,700 for mine, in Amsterdam. It had only 21Km on the clock, so pretty much brand new. Shipping was another $2,400. Mine is an unusual situation, however. I have permission from US Customs, and the DOT to keep my Exige in the US for 3 years for R&D purposes. Customs tacked on a $10,000 import bond I had to pay before they’d release it to me. It’ll be returned to me when the car leaves the country, without interest of course. Lots of LHD cars in Germany, for 38 to 44K, some with very low mileage. I can put you in touch with someone who can import a car for you, if you’d like. E-mail: [email protected]

Lotus Cars USA has three or four in stock. These are new cars setup as track cars. As I recall, they have 1 yellow, 1 green, and 1 silver. In addition, there was a black “US Spec” car for sale on e-bay last week. It had 400 miles on it or so. These cars are not legal for road use in the US, track only.The retail price of the US cars is $57K before any upgrades you may want…Royps. Dealers charge more than buying direct because Lotus does not discount the Motorsport cars to dealers.pss. You can see photos and specs at www.lotussource.com [This message has been edited by Roy W. Olivier (edited 11 November 2002).]

Thanks Roy,I thought they’d all been gobbled up already.Do you know how many they imported?Joe

Joe,There were 13 brought in, 7 in 2000 and 6 in 2001. In addition, I know of three brought in by individuals other than yours…If Visious wants a used one, I’ll make him a hell of a deal on mine and pick up one of the new ones [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]Roy

Seth, Are you listening?Roy,Thanks for the info. I had wondered, but every time I’ve talked to the Shepherd boys in the parts dept. I forgot to ask. Too many other things on my mind.Take care,Joe

thx for all the infoim not really in the market right now to buy one. just wanted to know for future reference.thank youseth