Exige Clutch

After a hard weekend in France with LOT it appears my clutch is on the way out (14 months old, 13,000 miles and 8 trackdays)

I am having the car looked at on the weekend. If it is knackerd I will try the dealers but will expect a short and sweet reply.

If I have to replace it does anyone know what other clutches are available for sensible money. Where can I get one and for how much?

Cheers chaps

The Cup cars use an uprated clutch, any cup dealer should be able to get you one.

Any Idea How Much ??

The 240R clutch cover is �190; and the 240R clutch plate is �90

Also, if you are getting the gearbox off to change the clutch, get a limited slip diff fitted at the same time…

The Cup cars use an uprated clutch, any cup dealer should be able to get you one.

Any chance you’ve got part numbers or know who the supplier is?

Has the S got an uprated cluch or just the standard one ?

I think it is std.

If i got a new clutch fitted, or when, i would get the lightweight flywheel done at the same time, i already have the LSD

That was a difficult decision but i am glad i did it. For anyone thinking of getting the LSD or retro fitting one i can recommend it. Full throttle from just before the apex at the hockenheim hairpin in second gear and the car just sits down, turns and goes. It gives you such a good drive out of the corners.

I think it is std.

If i got a new clutch fitted, or when, i would get the lightweight flywheel done at the same time, i already have the LSD

That was a difficult decision but i am glad i did it. For anyone thinking of getting the LSD or retro fitting one i can recommend it. Full throttle from just before the apex at the hockenheim hairpin in second gear and the car just sits down, turns and goes. It gives you such a good drive out of the corners.

Is that a plated diff or a quaife ATB?

I have the Quaife item

Is it still under warranty?

Mine was replaced under warranty at 19K miles.

Is it still under warranty?

Mine was replaced under warranty at 19K miles.

There you are Dave …get it done under warrenty…just don’t mention all those dropping the clutch standing start…

I am ashamed to say i do not know, its the one Lotus offer along with the various packs.

I am very happy with it though, i have not had it on a wet track yet but in the dry the car never lost traction.