Exige Aircon

All,

Just wanted to ask whether all Exige aircon’s aren’t exactly crispy cold?? Mine is cool at most. In this weather, as soon as I’m caught in traffic, even with the A/C on, I’m guaranteed to cook!

Common issue?

Ciao - Carttman

Sadly yes!

I believe the design spec is a reduction of 2oC, hardly chilly. Still, I think it does make enough difference to be worth it in the summer. I find it definately helps me concentrate better on a hot day.

Ian

Sitting in traffic on the North Circ after North Weald last week I was well and truly cooked TBH I don’t usually even bother turning it on anymore,…just try to avoid getting stuck in traffic. The guys that bought new and paid the premium for aircon seem to have more of an attachment to it

The guys that bought new and paid the > premium > for aircon seem to have more of an attachment to it

You’re not wrong!

Ian

Get an S2 - the air-con is bloody cold !!

Sadly yes!

I believe the design spec is a reduction of 2oC, hardly chilly. Still, I think it does make enough difference to be worth it in the summer. I find it definately helps me concentrate better on a hot day.

Ian

I would imagine they struggled to fit a big enough condenser and evaporator, and with the heat our cars generate they would need to be fairly big to work with decent effect.

If the S2 is better then I wonder what they did differently… Phil ??

If the S2 is better then I wonder what they did differently… Phil ?? [/quote]

Rox, I originally complained so much, i got invited to the factory for a ‘blueprint’ style re-build.

This work was overseen by a Jeff Davidson (nice bloke).It was his job to design the S2 Elise air con. Starting with a clean sheet. One of his requirements was to spec a retro fit to correct the S1’s failings, but alas it was not to be.

I don’t know the reason why, but cost would be a good guess

So for the S2, it couldn’t be more different, the battery is in the back making more room in the front, for a start

I’ve No idea on the other changes, but the new air con can definitely be set too cold

So, no need to take the roof of the S2 then…

Get an S2 - the air-con is bloody cold !!

well, if it’s only for the A/C, you can have it cheaper than that

So I guess it looks like I’ll be living with the luke-cool aircon then?

Cheers - Carttman