Exige 380

Greetings gents, I’m currently sat on a sun lounger in the south of France after a busy summer at work.

I have a couple of questions about the Exige 380 sport that I hope some of you Exige owners might be able to answer. Having owned the 211 for 7 years and ironed out its inherent niggles (gearbox mainly) I was wondering if the 380 has any such issues like heat soak and gearbox weakness?

The 380 is serious money and I’d expect it to be able to be rinsed on track on a summers day without suffering.

It’s a likely successor to the 211 at some point but it needs to be fit for purpose.

I’m off to open another beer.
Cheers!
:slight_smile:

I thought the correct 2-11 replacement was the 3-11?

A 311 would be nice but it’s a lot of money to be a slave to the weather forecast every time you want to use it :slight_smile:

Buy a 350 sport, fit suspension, SSC tvs1900 and a gearbox cooler, it will murder a 380 and be about 25-30k cheaper!!!

Cheers Dave, I’ve just found your 1900TVS thread on TLF. Interesting way to go. I take it the 1900 doesn’t generate the same intake temperatures as it’s working within its ideal zone?

Being honest I have never noticed heat soak on the V6…But the 1900 is apparently better??? Definitely improves performance!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Shame about the price of these things but wow :slight_smile:

Think they need to check the power output???

What do you think it should be Dave? Lots of 350’s don’t make their claimed numbers as stock…?

Lots of people test them incorrectly! Mine was bang on what was expected before the upgrade, but that’s all irrelevant!
I was referring to the add where they claim the 380 fitted with an SSC charger is 450bhp… No chance!!!

It’s not just a tvs1900 upgrade though. It has a few other mods, including a straight through exhaust. I’ve heard it, and fook me its the loudest car I have ever heard. Not unlike F1 in its noisy heyday. 6ft flames too apparently…

So estimated power of that Murrays car would be…

…450bhp according to the advert :eh:

They’re too noisy for lots of trackdays as standard so why on earth anyone would want to make one even noisier is beyond me. Flames out of the back is hilarious though especially come MOT time!

Can’t beat a few flames. Certainly, lights up an autumn night :slight_smile:

Great pic!