Exige 380

The 380 looks nice, anyone going to be ordering one?

I like it but I can’t help think that there are only so many “special editions” you can flog out of a model before there’s nowhere left to go with it. There will be another edition in January no doubt, with different stickers and an extra 11kg weight saving if you tick the £5k titanium exhaust option.

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh but it’s kinda true.

The rear end was bad beforehand but now those single lights have made it more fugly!

And there will be more to come…
108 bhp /litre is a VERY mild state of tune for a modern engine.
Lotus are playing a game with this one, but if people are buying em it must make some sense businesswise.
In reality that motor should be producing over 500 bhp given that it’s a blown 3.5 litre of Jap origin

Yeah there will be a 400 next year I’m sure. Im not keen on the rear spoiler I think the 360 cup looked better. I’m sure they will sell them though.

I prefer Dave’s. The red stripes on this just look fussy, and the rear spoiler isn’t great.

Can the gearbox handle any more power? Haven’t they been braking already or am i getting my facts in a muddle?

I was told the ring lands can fail at the higher power outputs … gossip or fact I dont know.

Some high ( over 500 ) outputs being acheived down here but with built engines …

Dont know of manual gearbox failures, just clutch and selection issues due to cables … I dont have that problem with my much maligned Auto …

Dive planes, really!!

I agree, and on the lights.

“It’s a no from me”

However, anybody see the 2020 Elise pics?.. http://www.exiges.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19926

Agreed, rear lights look very odd. Need to sort out Dave’s 4 rings lit mod!!

Still wouldn’t complain if one was sat on the drive tho.

Bought my 360cup 5 months ago (silver with red bits)
Am I unhappy about this 380 being launched----NO
Will I be swopping my 360 for a 380-----NO
If I hadn’t got the 360 would I buy a 380—Hell yeah
I love it…To me all the styling tat should have been on the 360 cup, I hope they make the parts available for the aftermarket!!!

I actually really like it. Me ten years ago would buy that car. Me now is done buying new cars.

Well done Lotus though, I think its a genuinely exciting car with real drama :thumbup:

I like it but prefer Dave’s.

I kinda think I’d either go cup360 or wait for them to do the 400 and pop the edelbrock blower on

Twin turbo it !
Just crying out for it, 6 small cylinders to spool em up quickly.
Just makes sense

^ It certainly does.

Turbo’s would work well for hoovering up all the bits of the gearbox that are left lying on the floor as well, sadly. Wouldn’t be the first NA, V6, transverse engine/gearbox combo, that had boost issues once converted.

Softly, softly, catchey monkey as they say.

Inherent problem with borrowing engine/powertrain units from front wheel drive cars and expecting them to cope with huge grip from a mid engine config .
Somethings gotta give … Usually the dreaded gearbox :frowning:

You’re not wrong. Turbo’s just male things worserer!

The actual reason I sold my S2 was purely this…
I’d overcome the heat issues , had enough power to satisfy myself ,but, the drivetrain drove me nuts.
Sorted a strong gearbox out but clutches were a joke …
Went through TRD clutch, Helix clutch, standard Toyota x2
Threw out my toys in the end :frowning: