Exhaust Upgrades for the V6 Exige

Right chaps, first and foremost top o’ / good morning !

im thinking its time to irritate the neighbors a little more than i do and either get a larini or a 2bular for the exige v6. lotus do a backbox but it doesnt seem to add too much sound. i belive the isotope exige v6 at the last hethel track day had one fitted.

so,.,

- YouTube

or

- YouTube

or

Lotus Evora, Lotus Sport Exhaust, Startup and Revs - YouTube

has anyone got a view on either suppler ? i’m amazed at how different they seem to sound. :?:

was thinking starting with just a backbox. i think that evora in the vid only has a 5" rear can so quite a big reduction. dont want the car to be too droney on the motorway as i do a fair amount of long distance trips in my car.

many thanks in advance

diego :thumbup:

Lotus Exige S 3.5 V6 ● TRR customized Muffler Tip ● - YouTube

②Lotus Evora Exhaust Sound マフラー音 (Kreissieg) - YouTube

Lotus Evora GTE - Startups, Startline Accelerations and Track Flybys - YouTube

all better than your average Camry!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cool Man, bottom one gets my vote

Lotus Evora S LOUD PbRacing Exhaust Sound! - YouTube

The exhaust on our V6 Cup R’s sound epic on track but beware because they are too loud for most track days!

the cup r looks like the lotus sports exhaust back box?

heres another in development

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/LOTUS_pricecatalogue.htm

Happy new year Exigers !

i had a go with the Quicksilver V6 at B&C (many thanks to them for that - just handed over the keys).

Made a nice racket under full load but a little too boomy in the cabin for me under normal conditions - light acceleration off traffic lights etc:) it was quiet enough cruising at 80mph… was just getting there that was the issue. Alas the search is still on.

not a solution for me but im sure someone will love it :slight_smile: :mrgreen:

Ooooo, just seen this & lots of lovely Evora’s :thumbup:

:mrgreen:

Lotus Exige S 3.5 V6 ● TRR customized Muffler Tip ● - YouTube

looks like komo tech now have a switchable option that sounds good :slight_smile:

Just found this on youtube.

Lotus Exige V6 with Larini manifold and stock exhaust. - YouTube

Sounds really good, the best yet I reckon. He claims it’s a Larini manifold with stock back box.

Must be decatted too surely?

I have the full 2bular system on order ready for my car in March. I’ve heard it on an Evora but not an Exige. Has anyone else got this setup? It consists of:

• Manifold
  • Downpipes
  • Sports Cat
  • Valved backbox

I bet you are looking forward to that little parcel :sunglasses:

I sure am :slight_smile:

I’m hoping to receive it in February so that I have time to get it over to the dealer for fitting. Jim says it sounds similar to this but a little higher pitched:

http://youtu.be/jffO8puaNrQ

What is wrong with the standard V6 exhaust?

Nothing. I just want something a little louder :slight_smile: