Exhaust noise woes

Can anyone help me with a bit of info on exhaust noise levels please? I’m after a nice quiet exhaust configuration for my circa-205bhp 1800 K-series, but the catch is I can’t run with a cat. Has anyone got dBA numbers for (say) a 2bular or Larini system with a de-cat pipe fitted?

Ta muchly,

Mike

Can anyone help me with a bit of info on exhaust noise levels please? I’m after a nice quiet exhaust configuration for my circa-205bhp 1800 K-series, but the catch is I can’t run with a cat. Has anyone got dBA numbers for (say) a 2bular or Larini system with a de-cat pipe fitted?

Ta muchly,

Mike

HI Mike,

Welcome!

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from! Power vs DB!

Sounds like a great ‘K’ you have. Mine is DVA’d head wise and I have 201 BHP… Just love the ‘K’! Great blast tonight about the Cotswolds… ALWAYS brings a HUGE smile to my face when I look in the side mirror and see the rear wing with that unique exhaust note only the ‘K’ seems to have!!!

PM sent!

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Have you got the new exhaust on yet?

Hi Mate!

Nope!!!

When I got home after Oulton, I fitted the silenced CRP that I had knoking about in the garage, and things are now much better!!!.. quiet enough for Oulton but still a nice rasp!!! Stopped the flames too!!!

So, I have decided not going to fit the ‘Mark 3’ exhaust which is now made!!! as I like the louder sound…

So it is up for sale unused!

Cars eh!.. have you got new steering wheel!!!

CHeers,

Pete.

P.S How is your very fine machine going… hope the immobiliser is now behaving itself!!!