Exhaust Fitting Guide and Headlamp Adjustment

Hi all,

I am getting my exhaust and cat fitted on Friday by a friend, and I’d like to give him a fitting guide if possible - will the following one do the job, or is it different for the Exige?

Elise Exhaust Fitting

Also, my car failed on headlamps, apparently they are pointing at the floor - it is just a matter of removing the front wheels and wheel arch liner to get at them to adjust?

Ta muchly

TT

TT headlight adjustment - just raise the front spring platforms… or get tester to place suitable wooden shimmies under front wheels? - seriously tho’ as you state - good luck trained snake needed for headlamp adj

Adjusting the headlights is much easier if you first remove the plastic trim that fits around three sides of the top of the radiator, preventing water that penetrates the grill from going into the battery area etc…

There are five fixings - on each side there is one phillips fitting, and horizontally there are three phillips fittings.

These are the sort that you may need to partly lever out (e.g. with a flat head screwdriver in the gap) as you unscrew them…

Once they are out your hands can get through the gap to adjust…

There are two adjusters - one at the top, and one at the bottom…

Good luck

I’d go through the wheelarch liner after taking off the wheel…just undo the lower screws at the front, lift it over the edge and then pull off the outer edging strip. After that the liner becomes very flexible and you will be able to pull it away at the front enough to get at the adjusters.

On mine the lights are mounted on four studs, 3 being spring loaded and having a white plastic wingnut - one on the left, one on the right and one middle centre at the bottom…will email you some pics separately…

Thanks for the tips people

I take it that the exhaust fitting guide is ok then??

TT

Re the guide - yes it seems pretty reasonable. One thing - the cat on my car had studs rather than bolts, so you had to pull the other pieces apart quite a distance to get the necessary clearance - a bit of a bggr but not to bad…

Good luck

Re the guide - yes it seems pretty reasonable. One thing - the cat on my car had studs rather than bolts, so you had to pull the other pieces apart quite a distance to get the necessary clearance - a bit of a bggr but not to bad…

Good luck

That is the norm. If you have bolts the cats been out before.

Yep - I got someone to remove the studs and used bolts instead !!