Exgie S1 brought back to life

Hand back your pass. There is no room here for people like you

:wink::wink::wink:

Sorry, :frowning:

Looking good. One thing though, have the new uprights affected the rear track/offset? Wheels seem to be sitting deeper in arches?

Yea they have affected the track also car needs setting up.
Does anyone know of a good place to take it to have 4 wheel alignment near lancaster ??

Funny :laughing:

Great job, lots more pictures please.

Little bit more done today new arch liners and the front clam on. Tomorrows jobs rear floor and diffuser along with new arch liners.

You are not messing around! Looks great.

Fantastic progress - looks great

Try Ollie at Phoenix Motorsport in Accrington (not so close to Lancaster but top man) for set up.
01254 384071.
Great progress, by the way.

Great thread - car looking great :thumbup:

So first run out in the exige after the restoration.
Loving it. Stopped for a couple of pics

That looks smashing! :slight_smile:

Brilliant! That looks fantastic. Keep posting, would love to hear more.

Fantastic - congrats on such a great rebuild.

Oh a question if ok. I’ve been thinking about a colour change. Something that’s put me off is refitting the headlight covers as have heard horror stories and seen some over the years with wonky sealant or constant condensation and even a couple of cars with screws holding them back down ! Was it ok?

I just used the eliseparts seal that’s on a roll its sticks really well with no mess and you cant see the sealant when on

Your car looks fantastic :clap:

I initially fixed mine using butyl sticky tape just like Greenbusa did it. They hold and seal the cover well so no problems there.
But there is a draw back of this method as it is very difficult to remove the covers for what ever reason without damaging the paint work or the cover.
As I like the idea of removing the covers easily if necessary (cleaning, etc.) I opted for the ‘screw’ method this time. I used tiny M3 countersunk black stainless hexagon bolts which are screwed into M3 riv nuts. Once the car is back from the paint shop I’ll post a picture of the finished cover.

Looks fabulous. :thumbup:

Sorry for slow reply. But thanks mate for the pictures and detail appreciate it.