excited..new exige S

Should change the name of the thread
First of all the carving ski is all skis with the new snowboard like side cut so everything from race ski to twin tip are in fact caving skis. The one exception might be an out and out comp mogul ski which tends to still be old school.
I also think that all of the big ski manufacturers make a reasonable range of skis. The key is finding the right ski type and length. So if you are skiing on piste most of the time and like to be aggressive every turn all day long then go for a race ski. But if you are off piste a lot a fat ski might make life easier.

I am a Atomic man and have just been skiing on next years GS race ski - wow! The reason I ski Atomic is because they have a good binding system so I can take two or three pairs of skis with me and one set of bindings (undo one screw and the binding is off!) plus when I was racing they were very good and suited my style.

Basically I believe in a ski for every occasion! I love race skis in and out of the gates but they can be a pain off piste. I actually love the Pocket Rockets for off piste and tricks. The central mounting of the bindings means there they feel like they are 10cm shorter, which counts for a lot in the trees.

wow, far ahead of me! I have a pair of Head skis that have what looks like an av size “shovel” if that is the right term. I really enjoy them for cruising. Now that I am getting more adventurous on steeper, bumpier ground, I might have to try some different skis. Dunno what though.
Graham

Jamie,

What I was trying to say is that the majority of skis that you find in rental shops (in particular) tend to have more intense parabolas, spread over a shorter area, thus they tend to have larger heads which, in my experience, favours a more carving orientated style (In other words, less fun).

Have you ever tried Skier X, I tried a temporary course in France last year, it was awesome fun, if not blood hard work.

How is skiing in Scotland, in terms of price, snow and season. Judging by your photo, it�s fantastic

David,

Skier X is nuts
Have done a couple of skicross races - all about strenght, balls and your start

Scotland has had a good season have not been up since I stopped racing
The problem is the weather can be vary random great one min then wind comes along and blows all the snow away

Agreed, but I loved it, (even though I did need to change my long johns after, if you know what I mean )

So where/what did you use to race then ?

David

Raced Slalom, GS, super-G and downhill for my uni and was on the Brit uni team. Good fun saw the world and got my cost paid for
Kind of weird to see the people I used to race against at the Olympics
Still like to train in the gates keeps you on your toes

That�s absolutely amazing, and so very cool , I don�t suppose you have any picys from your competition days,

So whereabouts are you off to ski this time of year, I imagine you�ll have to go quite high to get proper snow; mind you, I�ve had a look at some webcams in France and Italy, and the French side looks pretty decent.

David

I just saw Craig driving down the street. #@&% me its loud. He was barely accelerating and my ears were bleeding at 50 metres away.

hi bob,
was that you on the banbury lane?

hardly pushing it yet had it on 2nd cam once or twice about 4500rpm. Think i am heading for my first ASBO. When i change gear on 2nd cam i get a massive bang and foot long flamage.

Craig, where’ve you been hiding?! I’ve been through Towcester several times today in mine and not seen (or heard) a thing. Have you been out for a few long distance blats?

I feel a Northants meet coming on. I’m just a few miles down the road nr Daventry. I’ll show you what a fast Exige is really like

sounds good to me

I can show you this…

[image]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8877/itg0019av.th.jpg[/image]

ever seen gold carbon fibre before??

Should be in production in 3-4 weeks…ITG air induction suitable for exige S.

So what is the difference from the NA version

ever seen gold carbon fibre before??

Should be in production in 3-4 weeks…ITG air induction suitable for exige S.

any real benefit or is it just a bling thing?

That�s absolutely amazing, and so very cool , I don�t suppose you have any picys from your competition days,

So whereabouts are you off to ski this time of year, I imagine you�ll have to go quite high to get proper snow; mind you, I�ve had a look at some webcams in France and Italy, and the French side looks pretty decent.

David

Was in Saas Fee over Easter loads of snow due to it being high and on a Glacier
Had a look on race stuff
did find this 30sec clip nice fall too
[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/th_Shortskivid.jpg[/image]

Very nice indeed, thanks Jamie ; and a very, erm� stylish ending,

David.

Its maybe partly bling thing but isnt gold supposed to be a very good heat reflectant??? ?

hey don’t get me wrong - nothing wrong with a little bling - might be stretching it on the heat reflecting properties though

Watched a video about the Maclaren F1 and it used two rolls of gold tape at �3k a roll.

ok ok you got me… its purely bling i think it looks great and aparantly the only one ITG ever made up so double bling… hopefully i get to keep it.

So how did you get your hands on it???

Today ITG used my car to try an ITG induction kit onto the exige S and 2006 drive by wire.

I said owwww that looks nice (from a bag of bits) lets see what it looks like when we offer it up… which i proceeded to do…