excited..new exige S

hi, pick it up on saturday from B&C. Any other S owners on the road yet??
cheers
Craig

Nearly

Mine is built awaiting delivery

I Cant Wait Any Longer !!!
MUST HAVE NEW TOY

Congrats to both of you

I drove one about a week ago, and I know you’re going to love them

exactly.

Bin like a kid and already have the:
larini de-cat pipe and the New 2bularUltra which quite frankly will most probably be the loudest best sounding exige in existance…guessing 125dbs…more…??
heres the little bugger

[image]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6358/2ubularultra6xf.th.png[/image]

Also the car is booked into ITG on 20th April so they can look at the S to develop a new air induction kit for it.

exactly.

Bin like a kid and already have the:
larini de-cat pipe and the New 2bularUltra which quite frankly will most probably be the loudest best sounding exige in existance…guessing 125dbs…more…??
heres the little bugger

[image]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6358/2ubularultra6xf.th.png[/image]

Also the car is booked into ITG on 20th April so they can look at the S to develop a new air induction kit for it.

S’funny, when you talk to Craig he comes across as a perfectly sane, level-headed kinda guy - hoo, don’t think so!!
BTW, system weighs 3.5Kgs.

cheers Jim…

Quality welding mate bet you didnt learn that in a day.
By the look of the exhaust its as small as my 250cc superkart 2-stroke silencer and indeed very light. Must be the lightest, smallest little sex bomb ever to stick out the rear end of a lotus??

but what will it sound like…??

will let you know how i get on and whether she will infact, as promised, finally divorce me.

cheers Jim…

Quality welding mate bet you didnt learn that in a day.

but what will it sound like…??

Like ripping calico inside an empty milk churn

…what exactly is a banshee??

just got the calico from dictionary

Interesting do they think that an SC requires a spec different to n/a cars? Any idea on what they hope to achieve ?

Interesting do they think that an SC requires a spec different to n/a cars? Any idea on what they hope to achieve ?

Just to evaluate mounting position clarification, clearance isses and 06 drive by wire system. apart from that i suppose buisness as usual quick dyno before and after then on my way burbling popping roaring and setting a multitude of car alarms off hehehehehe

the New 2bularUltra which quite frankly will most probably be the loudest best sounding exige in existance…guessing 125dbs

Wow that’s loud:

130 Threshold of pain; train horn at 10 m
120 Rock concert; jet aircraft taking off at 100 m
110 Accelerating motorcycle at 5 m; chainsaw at 1 m
100 Jackhammer at 2 m; inside disco
90 Loud factory, heavy truck at 1 m
80 Vacuum cleaner at 1 m, curbside of busy street

But he also does the quietest one available for the Exige S2 (so I’ve heard or… not)

Just to evaluate mounting position clarification, clearance isses and 06 drive by wire system. apart from that i suppose buisness as usual quick dyno before and after then on my way burbling popping roaring and setting a multitude of car alarms off hehehehehe

When I had the ITG fitted to mine we did before and after dynos. It didn’t make any more hp on the after run, if anything it was a little down, and the curve wasn’t as smooth, but sounding fantastic. After I’d run the car for another few hundred miles we had it back on the rollers and it was making 3 or 4 hp more, and the curve had smoothed out again.

the New 2bularUltra which quite frankly will most probably be the loudest best sounding exige in existance…guessing 125dbs

Wow that’s loud:

will post details on exactly how it sounds when fitted… yipeeeee its saturday!!

[quote

When I had the ITG fitted to mine we did before and after dynos. It didn’t make any more hp on the after run, if anything it was a little down, and the curve wasn’t as smooth, but sounding fantastic. After I’d run the car for another few hundred miles we had it back on the rollers and it was making 3 or 4 hp more, and the curve had smoothed out again. [/quote]

The OBDC does take a few miles to adjust to the new set-up.

Plus it depends on if its the first mod or not. It would seem that an airfilter or zaust which ever is the first mod give good gains then after that its much harder to get any increases, not sure what thats due to though

Wow that’s loud:

will post details on exactly how it sounds when fitted… yipeeeee its saturday!!

Sorry but it cant be 125db thats an F1 car!!! I dont think thats possible unless the zaust is acting as a amp!
If you have ever been to a GP you will understand just how loud that is -
the police would have plenty of warning of you coming -say a mile or ten!
If the zaust were to hit 110db that would be loud!
Look forward to noise readings - prepairs to eat hat

Sorry but it cant be 125db thats an F1 car!!! I dont think thats possible unless the zaust is acting as a amp!

For a given sound dB measure you need to say at what distance you are measuring it from otherwise it doesn’t actually mean anything

If you have ever been to a GP you will understand just how loud that is -
the police would have plenty of warning of you coming -say a mile or ten!
If the zaust were to hit 110db that would be loud!
Look forward to noise readings - prepairs to eat hat

Yeh, you’re quite right Jamie. True, Craig did ask for a “loud” exhaust but it’s the pitch (freq) he’s especially interested in. He doesn’t want a low, bassy Stg2-type roar. Now, with a V-6, a shrill exhaust note is quite easy to achieve. A 4 cyl can be problematic. I’ve cut down on the open area of the perf core and obviously the silencer body is smaller than your GT3 system (200mm down to 120mm ) The perception of an exhaust note can be a very subjective topic but certainly when the Toyota engine reaches +6000rpm, the howl is very distinctive and the grin-factor increases by ten.
I can appreciate a “loud” exhaust note if it’s pitched right and is “smooth”. After all, you can just remove the silencer to achieve a “noisy” exhaust but it’s rarely a pleasant sound.

Craig, where’ve you been hiding?! I’ve been through Towcester several times today in mine and not seen (or heard) a thing. Have you been out for a few long distance blats?

Come thru Wappenham sometime. BC