Evora 410 reviews

Today it seems Lotus has allowed the press to publish their reviews of the new Evora 410. Autocar & Top Gear have given it a very good review. The more I see it the more I like it :slight_smile: nice to hear lotus is actually making profit.

£80k though. I like it, but there is a bloody lot of choice at the £80k mark. I don’t think Lotus would be getting my money if I was in the market for something like that.

Even though £80k is a shed load of money, what else is there that combines that performance, driver involvement and dual purpose road and track usage? (Exige V6 aside).

I can only think of a GT Porsche of some sort but even the Cayman GT4 these days are £90k + second hand. Modern GT3’s are more expensive than that.

I hope the Evora 410 is a roaring success.

You know Sean, years ago £80k would get you a lot but these days it’ll get you nothing in old “car” money mate.

I really dunno, it’d need to be seriously hardcore for me to part with that kinda cash, especially over a cooking ‘400’.

I really like it and for the money, there’s probably not much to touch it esp when you consider that would only get you an entry-level 911 with a few must-have options ticked.

Im done with buying new cars though. If I wanted to spend £82k on having something that was good fun on the road as well as on track,…well that easy buys two SH cars, each more focussed on the one thing you’re askihg them to do.

Bet there’s a 2nd-hand bargain in the not too distant future, over those other £80k options.

yeah agreed!

How much of that 2 seconds per lap (over the std 400) is down to the cup tyres?

A quick look at pistonheads shows there’s some well priced 400’s nearly new for around £65k already.