EVO Car of the Year 2004

December EVO wit their annual eCOTY is just out and the S2 Exige and 111R go head-to-head with 13 other real world drivers car (sorry David not GT40, they’ll do an e(Super)COTY next year).

I won’t ruin it (unless you want me to), other than to say the Exige gets phrases like:

‘It genuinely feels like you’re driving a perfectly set-up racing car’

&

‘Look up “Thrill of driving” in the dictionary and it says “see Lotus Exige”’

And that’s from a mag who’s own tagline is ‘The Thrill of driving’.

Given that there’s votes from about 11 journos the fact that the writer of the article (the mag’s co-Editor) has just bought an S2 can’t even be seen as biasing the opinions too much. We should try and send him a hello.

Ian

Yep but the exige doesnt make it into the final 5 , and the opinions of the drivers (Martin Brundel was one) was that the elise was better than the exige and vx sport

Then you were reading a different article than me! UK EVO December 2004 (or may be it’s even the Jan 05 issue?), with a murky afternoon North Wales beach shot of 15 cars (headed by a yellow Mazzer) on the front. No Martin Brundel in sight either.

[image]http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_34/car_portal_pic_17420_t.jpg[/image]

The Exige does a hell of a lot better than that you suggest!

In my opinion, and for what magazines are really worth anyway, nothing comes close to EVO’s assessment of cars for drivers. I have bought 3 cars on their recommendation alone and never been let down.

The article is a good Christmas Day read once you’ve drunk too much to drive. I’ve got a friend who saves it each year for just that.

Ian

I’ve got a friend who saves it each year for just that.

Ian

Are you in denial, Ian?

I’ve already read it! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

But okay, I have weird friends (see recent pics from Brands ).

Ian

But okay, I have weird friends (see recent pics from Brands ).

So’ve I - also as demonstrated by your recent pics

Yep but the exige doesnt make it into the final 5 , and the opinions of the drivers (Martin Brundel was one) was that the elise was better than the exige and vx sport

The magazine you’re talking about was CAR. I know because I bought it.
And there the Porsche won. I fail to see the fascination with the Porker, although I like the GT3.
All other Porsches are beyond me
But I looove the 917

Uldis, Just wait until my 924 Carrera GT is back on the road

Uldis, Just wait until my 924 Carrera GT is back on the road

Will I have got my bus pass by then?

917 or GT3 !

You’ll have to convince me otherwise.
Pax laps are a good start.
Keys are even better

Isn’t that what Tiff Needle started out in?

Ian