evo 8

now offered with �1k off list, and 3 years free servicing… these things need servicing every 4500 miles, which was what put me off previously… but with this offer, its back on the radar.

thoughts? if i can get a decent enough price for the S2…

anyone had an Evo before?

Don’t you think you are on the wrong site for asking for a recommendation to bin an Exige for an Evo?

I had a new EVO V1 for 18 months before I bought the Exige in 2001.

I am never getting rid (voluntarily) of my Exige

mr pesky… pro’s/cons of Evo 6?

Depends what you want from a car…stating the obvious here. (I actually had an Impreza, 2-door Sti-R and not an EVO so won’t claim to be an authority on this) But…

Not a worthwhile track weapon in my opinion (unless you spend/waste a good wedge of money on modifications) and even then you would be better with a good version V or VI over an VIII or IX

On the plus side the EVO can carry your family/friends and supermarket shopping at pace and it has comfort at relative speed.

It will feel like a boat compared to an Exige. It will cost more to maintain than an Exige in consumables outside of warranty too.

MLR Web This site is your best source of information if you really decide you want to go the Lancer Evo route

Before the EVO V1, I had a new Impreza TypeR Limited Edition, which I ran for 12 months.

I will never voluntarily get rid of my Exige, which I got new in January 2001

was that an RA you had pesky? Did you used to frequent Scoobynet.

Both owned an EVO VI (with ralliart ECU) and a Impreza STI VII (Ecuteked). If you’re looking for sheer power, good handling and room for 4, the EVO is the thing. If you have the chance go for the IX, as they are better/easier to tune.

Would I trade an Exige for then? As things look now, no. They are both different cars. Lotus is about handling, not stoplight sprinting. You get bored with the EVO in the end. You get used to all the BHP.

If you’re looking for sheer driving fun keep the Exige.

Tom

No it wasn’t an RA. It was a WRX (2 door) with a little roof flappy thing!

Used to go on Scoobynet & MLR, all those years ago I took the first Tommi Makkinen car in the UK (flown in by Warrenders) to Park Lane in Hampshire, to be SVA’d.(Actually, it was TUV, as the German testers used to come over to the UK for a week at a time, & tested Jap imports for the dealers).

Anyway, enough of those cars, which I didn’t keep long, unlike my Exige which…

unlike my Exige which…

I can see a new sunstrip design in the offing

Drove an fq300…very fast cornered like on rails, did give me a big grin…but…diabolical ride, awfull fuel economy, servicing every 4500 miles and I now I would get tired of it.

i have a 400bhp and 380 ft/lbs evo 3 stupidly quick but like said cr@p on track unlike my exige
bumpy country lanes is where is in its prime
you buy a evo 8 and itll be worthless next year the s2 wont
i had 20 brand to buy a car and thought about a fq340 but with the car jacking and depreciation and the fact it wouldnt be any better than the evo 3 i went for the exige and i honestly bought the exige for the looks as have come across a few on trackday when in the evo and they never seemed that qucik lapping the track i now know that they muct have been very slow driver as i have no problem dispencing with the higher power evo and other marques
mike

Drove an fq300…very fast cornered like on rails, did give me a big grin…but…diabolical ride, awfull fuel economy, servicing every 4500 miles and I now I would get tired of it.

Got 1 liter per 2 km as a mileage on the track with the EVO

Got 1 liter per 2 km as a mileage on the track with the EVO

Valid point which I had forgotten… these cars are well known for the most horrendous mpg when you thrash them