Every workshop should have one

Being a bit anal about my bottom…er… no that should be the underside of my Lotus :confused: I like to inspect and clean it on a regular basis…I’m still talking about my car… :crazy:

This was how I used to do it. :cry:

However after 'er indoors tripped over one of the blocks whilst I was under there (accident?) I thought this is safer and much more convenient :slight_smile:

No its not about to fall off…just my lousy photo.

Here is the supplier http://www.bhrepairs.co.uk/

I have no connection with them BUT if you decide to purchase mention me …Clive from Suffolk and you might get a small discount…on the other hand the price might go up.
Its very heavy and delivery driver placed it in my garage just where I wanted it.
I’m now back to workshop to finish cleaning the ???

Cant believe how many rusty nuts and bolts there are under there and I’m going to need a bucket load of magic Sponges to get it up to MY spec.
PS anybody got a spare NACA duct as one of mine is broken…in fact are they really necessary?? :confused:
Have fun guys its later than you think. :laughing:

Does it support the rear end correctly? I’ve seen some pictures of some flipping backwards

:open_mouth:

looks ace

I’d say it’s jacked correctly as the tray is off and it looks to be supported where the chassis meets the subframe

Yep. Have to remove under tray to access the rear jacking points.
I checked the balance as I raised the car…everything ok
Unlike lifting on the chassis further forward where in spite of adding 35 kg to the front it still overbalanced precariously.
Have seen too many pix of tipped up cars to. Follow that route.

Phew

:sunglasses:

Very nice clive!

Bloody Hell Clive, how dodgy were your original blocks of wood!!!

and those carpet tile ‘trippers’ …health and safety police are onto you Clive! :wink:

So is there no way the full lift can be moved back the way, to have the mounts located right at the rear?
That was my worry with these also, having the support to far forward. I opted for restoration ramps over this, but quickly realised they were to large to store. This looks ideal as it can be driven over.

so I’m green with envy after rolling around on my back today

I am struggling to work out what you are looking at here Clive… there is nothing other than tub under-tray where you are!!! :wink:

This screams out as a caption competition! :smiley:

P.S… still LOVE the ‘K’ sticker! :clap:

I really would like that car back. It had the cleanest bottom !!
I like my Sprint. But it’s too complicated. The S1 was just right.
Ah well I will keep working on Sam.
Happy new year all.

Well…the car is not in UK anymore…so I think you may have to look for another S1 in future.

Oh Sam what have you done ???

I shall cry for a week :eh: :angry: :neutral_face:

main thing is you love it .
Good luck and. Have fun with it.

Cheers
Clive

The car is in Hong Kong now with me, so I don’t think i will ever sell it tbh.