Esthi drive-by-wire

Just discovered that the Esthi has drive-by-wire. If you don’t disarm the mobiliser (keyfob) the engine will start but no matter how hard you stomp the accelerator, the engine stays at idle. The throttle is connected to rigid threaded links which appears to be connected to a rheostat.

That engine probably has so much torque, you could drive around quite happily at idle. :smiley:

Not only does it not allow you to go above idle, but it also locks all four wheels, as I discovered this afternoon!

You have far too much bhp for your own good there Ken - if you feel the need to move some along I know a buyer

Does that feel any different to drive than a cable linkage?

Ian

Does that feel any different to drive than a cable linkage?

Ian

In fact it is much better. It is a tad stiffer but there is no slack as you get in cables. It feels really weird with the car immobilised when you blip the throttle. Nothing happens, the engine just ticks over. My first reaction was that I might be blipping the brake.

You have far too much bhp for your own good there Ken - if you feel the need to move some along I know a buyer

The sad truth is that I am toying with buying the other one as well(Supercharged Rover engine).