Enginge Start Buttons

I had a start button on the last Titanium Exige I had, never used it.

I mean, your hand is on the key anyway, so why not just turn it those few degrees further ?

I blame Honda.

Edited to say that Brian reminds me that in a car that stalls alot, it’s rather handy…

BERTONE,

The sales brochure ('Pure Exitement?) is indeed from the very begining of the Exige S1, maybe even the only brochure

As for the handbook, Lotus never did bother to update it for a low volume car that initially wasn’t selling. Air con is covered in a supplement you should have in the rear of the handbook wallet. It’s a small pocket (1/2 an A5) size. That should show your layout.

Not there? Wasn’t me sir, it was there last time i looked (20 months ago ).

HTH

Tim.

PS what you do have is how it left the factory though

BERTONE,

The sales brochure ('Pure Exitement?) is indeed from the very begining of the Exige S1, maybe even the only brochure

As for the handbook, Lotus never did bother to update it for a low volume car that initially wasn’t selling. Air con is covered in a supplement you should have in the rear of the handbook wallet. It’s a small pocket (1/2 an A5) size. That should show your layout.

Not there? Wasn’t me sir, it was there last time i looked (20 months ago ).

HTH

Tim.

PS what you do have is how it left the factory though

Yep, just looked in the ‘air con supplement’ and its all there, thanks Tim.

In order to crank the engine, you can either use the start button or the key. You can also deactivate the key cranking position so you start the engine just from the button.

Surely that must invalidate your insurance?

Surely it must. Why make it easier for someone other than yourself to start the car?

I had a start button on the last Titanium Exige I had, never used it.

I mean, your hand is on the key anyway, so why not just turn it those few degrees further ?

I blame Honda.

Fully agree! Seems it’s just fashion…

My main reason for puting the switch there was to get rid of a blanking plate.

I hate having any car with a empty switch. Makes me think i’m missing out on something.

You can get a S2 one here:- > http://www.pbracing.it/ >

Same switch is available from Demon Tweeks.(SW3032) �19.98

I have gone to a push button start on my car actually. I have also ditched the key altogether. I guess my reasoning was that, after spinning round several times and ending up stalled on a grassy infield somewhere, hitting a button would be easier than trying use the keys. Plus the weight saving of ditching the whole key, barrel, steering lock arrangement!!

I am imobilising the car by simply unclipping the ECU and taking it with me!!!

How easy are these things to install, and do they invalidate any warranty if DIY installed?

Do you have a separate switch for the ignition?

Yes