Engine Temperature

Hi allI was driving around the other day, when I noticed something really weird happen to the engine temp. Normally, when warmed up, the engine runs at about 86C, but when I revved it up past 6000rpm the gauge started reading a drop in temp (it dropped by about 20C or so). When I backed off, the temp returned to normal.I’ve already checked the obvious - oil and coolant levels seem fine. I’ve spoken to the dealers and they reckoned loose connection on thermostat. I’ve also spoken to a friend who knows a fair bit about the k-series and he said it could be pockets of air getting trapped in the cooling system.Any further suggestions/ideas/comments as to what could be causing this would be more than welcome.ThanksRob

[image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image] it’s that MANY-asterisks-word little temperature sensor. I am used to replace it every two months or so in my Elise. One bump on the road too much and it goes crazy. Shows only nonsense temperatures. Usually climbing an dropping all the time - or constantly about 20� low.