Engine Stopped and won't restrart

About 4 miles from my house the engine died, after pushing off the road, and checking fuse, relays etc. Tried again and it ran for about 30sec and stopped again, all other attempts have failed.

I’ve fully recharged the battery reset the cut out and put more fuel in, any other ideas, seems like something to do with the ECU, but I can’t figure out how I could get it to run for 30sec after the initial stoppage.

Thanks Kerry

How did it sound when it stopped? Lumpy, strangled, just cut out, etc?

Ian

It just cut out, sounds okay when its running. After another prod around it has just fired up and run for about 10sec, but thats the first time out of about 12 attempts and it wouldn’t start when I tried again.

The only thing of significance I did was push a return fuel pipe on which was just about off, recheck the plug leads and take note of the many relatively loose wires and pipes that could do with some cable ties.

Kerry

Success, looks like it was the inertia switch, although reset early on maybe not fully or maybe faulty. Any experience of these things giving trouble. Is this likely to be a one off or should it be replaced?

Kerry

I’d replace it. It’s designed to cut-out in an impact and is therefore g sensitive, if it is faulty the last thing you want is the engine cutting out in a fast bend!

Ian