Engine Cover Popping Open!?

Good morning, Driving into work this morning, I had the engine cover pop open. Stopped to get some fuel, closed it…got a bit further, and it popped open again. Release cable seems a little stiff. Anybody got any ideas, before I dive into it tonight? I’m thinking its something as simple as lubrication…isn’t it always?Interesting observation, when stationary, I can see a gap of about 1" between the back of the engine cover and the rear clam. At 100+ mph, the gap is 0". I like aerodynamics.-Gman

quote:Originally posted by Gman:Good morning, Driving into work this morning, I had the engine cover pop open. Stopped to get some fuel, closed it…got a bit further, and it popped open again. Release cable seems a little stiff. Anybody got any ideas, before I dive into it tonight? I’m thinking its something as simple as lubrication…isn’t it always?Interesting observation, when stationary, I can see a gap of about 1" between the back of the engine cover and the rear clam. At 100+ mph, the gap is 0". I like aerodynamics.-GmanHad a similar issue on an Elise. Used a silicon spray on the cable and catch and fixed it fine. Spray came from Lotus, but wd40 could be used

Yup, bit of lube, and its all better. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image] Still grinning this morning.-Gman