Engine Cover Lock

Anyone know if the engine cover lock is the same on the Exige and Elise as mine is goosed so need a replacement.
Thanks Steve.

The designs are completely different.

Drat and double drat was hoping would be same as would be easier to get. Am I the only one who has the plastic bit that cable connects to break? I guess glue wouldn’t fix so will have to buy full lock.

Don’t they come off a Mk2 Astra or some such car? Thought it’d be very cheap and easy to find.

can anyone confirm they are off astra or would it be best to just order from lotus?
thanks steve

can anyone confirm they are off astra or would it be best to just order from lotus?
thanks steve

Hi Steve, I have an Astra parked on my driveway, but I don’t have an exige with which to compare it with (mines a motorsport so no locking thingy). If anyone can post a picture of the locking mechanism from an Exige then I can compare today and post a response. Ta.

Had someone else confirm it’s a boot lock from an Astra. Unfortunately I don’t have a boot lock.

You could try driving the Exige to a Vauxhall dealer and compare with their parts place.

sorry maybe i am causing some confusion calling it a engine cover lock. guess catch is what i mean.
steve

This catch?

[image]http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/5076/imgp2373s6nz.jpg[/image]

No. The bit that is connected to the bit you pull to open the lid (sorry if i am getting over techie)

I am stripping my car and that catch will be surpless to requirements. Let me know if you want it and I’m sure we can do a deal.

Sean…

Mine has just broken too. Went to the local Vauxhaull dealer and they had a catch for a 2001 car which wasn’t the same. He didn’t have any others in stock so we couldn’t work out if it was from an older car. Quite funny, the guys in the parts dept there got all excited about the car and were going on about how fast it was around the top gear test track .

gr8 Sean how much you want mate?
steve

which part has broken on yours Randy? its the plastic bit that the release cable fixes to on mine
Steve

same here. Annoying thing is that the tank tape that is holding the boot down has pulled the laminate layer off the rear screen now. Looks shocking.

gr8 Sean how much you want mate?
steve

�10 + posage sound OK???

sent you email sean