Engine bay cooling

Mike,
Where did you get them from ?

Hi Phil,

Demon Tweeks code 6902-0. 2004 catalogue pg 259

Regards

It came in for some criticism in the EVO 111R/VX220 test this month. In other words, you have to rev the k***kers off it.

I once owned a Celica 190 and found it very near impossible to enjoy the drive due to the high revs needed to get anywhere near its potential. Not easy at all on the road without going way over legal speeds.

Is this not exactly the same as the current VHPD K series, it’s the equilivant high revving for a long stroke engine (versus the 8.5k rpm on the Toyota short stroker) and so you really need to be revving the knackers off of it… And doing 70 in 2nd means you’ll be breaking the law soon enough

Hi guys > This > is what I’ve done to my engine cover.

I’m now totally convinced that this works better than the holes in the tail modifications - the engine bay feels significantly cooler akthough I haven’t done anything like any scientific measurement. I suppose high summer will be the real test but it definitely seems to be working well to me.

I am quite pleased with the look as well.

Regards

Mike,

Are you going in the Exige thursday to the Arrow Mill?
If you are I’ll take a look then.

I could do with something to cool mine down

Mike,

Are you going in the Exige thursday to the Arrow Mill?

Probably

Regards

Do they get hotter than other parts of the panel? Therefore proving they are working.

Ian

Having driven through a blizzard tonight I can confirm that these extractors get hotter than the surrounding polycarbonate and therefore I assume that they work well

Regards

Hi All,

Just thought I’d bring this back as I did a trackday at Donny last Wednesday and the engine bay was definately cooler than on previous track days. It works.

Regards