Eliseparts GT Hubs

Anyone spent the money on a set of these:

[image]http://www.eliseparts.com/shop/bmz_cache/1/1c7542594f3bb6499949d0386d6d6a9b.image.474x435.jpg[/image]

or anyone any thoughts on them?

I’m looking at them really only for the larger wheel bearings which I’m hoping will make them near bullet proof and as I’m planning a suspension refresh with new heavy duty hub flanges, they would be a long term investment. Not sure I can justify it on that alone, but if there were extra benefits i hadn’t thought through that would help sell it

Can you use them with a standard road height setting?

Ooh, lovely, hubbly, jubbly

Big advantage is being able to mount 2 pot rear calipers & bigger discs.

Big disadvantage is loss of handbrake, using Lotus 2 pot calipers (ie normal fronts transferred to rear). However, Geary has developed a different caliper, which also accomodates the working handbrake. Some of the Class C LOT racers tried them last year, but all had problems with sticking on, so reverted to a no handbrake set up. That said, Geary was to modify the calipers, so I’d check with him to satisfy yourself that the problem has been solved.

PS Posted above without checking Geary’s website beforehand.

PPS Now looked at the website - Rear Caliper + Handbrake

Ok thanks for that info - I had planned to leave my brakes as standard for this phase of the refresh and then look around for a braking solution at a later date - if required. I have the Eliseparts 2 part discs fitted at present and that it more than enough for road use.

Anyone spent the money on a set of these:

[image]> http://www.eliseparts.com/shop/bmz_cache/1/1c7542594f3bb6499949d0386d6d6a9b.image.474x435.jpg> [/image]

or anyone any thoughts on them?

I’m looking at them really only for the larger wheel bearings which I’m hoping will make them near bullet proof and as I’m planning a suspension refresh with new heavy duty hub flanges, they would be a long term investment. Not sure I can justify it on that alone, but if there were extra benefits i hadn’t thought through that would help sell it

Can you use them with a standard road height setting?

I’ve been givin those some thought as I still want to put some serious wheels on the rear and they would offset some of the weight…The dam $US dollar sucks

Save oncarriage take them home with you

Ooh, lovely, hubbly, jubbly

Big advantage is being able to mount 2 pot rear calipers & bigger discs.

Big disadvantage is loss of handbrake, using Lotus 2 pot calipers (ie normal fronts transferred to rear). However, Geary has developed a different caliper, which also accomodates the working handbrake. Some of the Class C LOT racers tried them last year, but all had problems with sticking on, so reverted to a no handbrake set up. That said, Geary was to modify the calipers, so I’d check with him to satisfy yourself that the problem has been solved.

PS Posted above without checking Geary’s website beforehand.

PPS Now looked at the website - > Rear Caliper + Handbrake >

Just to add to Pesky’s point. You can’t use these uprights in the LoT series as they aren’t allowed due to the fact they change the suspension hardpoint geometry.

this may be a dumb thought…find out what there made from exactly…approach someone in the field of alloy making qualities…all chip in and buy a set then send em off to copy…then anodised…or have i left my laptop on and someone has jumped on it posting everywhere to make me look like a pillok? lol

…or maybe im talking about a comercial venture and ste will not aproove

Or maybe you just want to rip off other people’s hard work ?

how come folk are so serious…it was more about the remark after the suggestion…leaving laptop on… off a previous post buy someone else

or have i left my laptop on and someone has jumped on it posting everywhere to make me look like a pillok? lol

I don’t think you need any help there…