Elise wont start. Please can anyone help!

I have a problem with my car that is driving me nuts and need some help please ?
I have searched the archive and have found some related threads but none that match my problem exactly.
First of all I should say that it is an elise I have not an exige (I wish !!) - but it is a 2001 model and has the same alarm as the 340R and the Exige ie the Meta 99.

Some of the time the car is fine - disarms - starts - lovely !
The next time (always at the most embarrassing of moments - it will not run - I disarm as normal, turn the key and it will fire for about 1 to 2 seconds and then die !!
It does not matter what I try it just does the same thing - runs very briefly then is dead.
I can leave it for 30 minutes sometimes and it will be OK - the longest was 3 hours !!
Local alarm dealer says that the alarm is OK and that it is something else - (not too sure how he comes to this conclusion).

Any help would be very gratefully received please ?

Many thanks.

This was a post listed some time ago without a solution but I have the exact same problem.
Please can any one suggest anything?
many thanks

Maybe it’s something to do with those sticks holding your arms up - but seriously I have no idea and it looks like no-one else does either, did you see the Meta 99 post in the same area?

If the alarm disarms and the car starts, it cannot be an alarm problem. Sounds like a fuel pump problem if it’s runs for a few seconds and then dies it sounds more like a dodge pump. Is it louder than usual perhaps?

try changing the plugs, mine wouldn’t start on Saturday, I changed the plugs and it started first time

If the alarm disarms and the car starts, it cannot be an alarm problem. Sounds like a fuel pump problem if it’s runs for a few seconds and then dies it sounds more like a dodge pump. Is it louder than usual perhaps?

Agree 100% with this… If it fires at all then the immob is working fine. Look at the fuel pump, blocked filter, etc.